<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/258" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-03-08T06:04:25+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/258</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[gfaraj]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-03-08T06:04:25+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-03-08T06:04:25+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=761#p761</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=761#p761"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Collision detection with multiple contact points]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=761#p761"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br>I'm having trouble implementing collision detection/response when two objects intersect in more than one point. Currently, for example, when checking if a box (oriented bounding box) collided with a scene face:<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>if (box.intersects(face_plane)){    contact_point = face_plane.closest_point(box.position);    if (face.contains_point(contact_point))    {         // we have a contact    }}</code></pre></div>The problem with this is that I only get one contact point, even though the box might have been hitting multiple points on the face.<br><br>For example, <a href="http://66.253.147.225/images/physics.jpg" class="postlink">http://66.253.147.225/images/physics.jpg</a><br>If I initialize the box in the shown pose, it stays in that pose, and doesn't rotate to fall correctly on the floor.<br><br>I'm using the contact handler I posted in: <br><a href="http://continuousphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=257" class="postlink">http://continuousphysics.com/Bullet/php ... .php?t=257</a><br><br>Any help is appreciated. Thanks.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=441">gfaraj</a> — Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:04 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
