<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/248" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-02-24T15:46:23+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/248</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[pmudesign]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-02-24T15:46:23+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-02-24T15:46:23+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=739#p739</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=739#p739"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[How to limit vibrations of sliding objects?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=739#p739"><![CDATA[
I'm working on a boat simulator in Blender GE and would like to incorporate Bullet physics into it.  I'm testing the latest "2.42 preview" version "3".  The boat I've created has a flat bottom, and the ocean is a simple flat plane.  I've gotten the boat to slide fairly well, and the collisions with other objects are very realistic (nice work!).<br><br>My big problem is the "vibrations" the boat has, which are very obvious (kind of like "Mexican jumping beans").  I understand this is a side-effect of most physics engines?  Is there a way to suppress / dampen these vibrations?  Obviously, boats do not vibrate like this in real life and I do not have this problem when using Sumo physics.<br><br>Thanks!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=425">pmudesign</a> — Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:46 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
