<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/2474" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2008-08-11T22:16:46+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/2474</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[meclory]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-08-11T22:16:46+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-08-11T22:16:46+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9731#p9731</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9731#p9731"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Importing Blender models as trimesh shapes(Gimpact) ?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9731#p9731"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>I'm now making parts for my mechanism for a mechanical simulation. For example, I'm making front_leg.blend, rear_leg.blend, middle_leg.blend, and body.blend for an insect robot. One of the remaining works would be assembling the parts with constraints.<br><br>First, I have a question with respect to the assembling process.<br><br>In the MovingConcaveDemo, I can see that Bullet declared a trimesh shape(the famous Bunny trimesh) a rigid body. Then, I think that it will be possible to import various trimesh shapes and assemble them with joint constraints in Bullet environment. <br><br>So, my questions are:<br>1. Is it possible to import Blender models as trimesh shape? Is that process related to the COLLADA .dae importer?<br><br>2. How about assembling in Blender and importing that complete mechanism? Will it be more efficient to attach controller and take some control actions?<br><br>Thank you.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2524">meclory</a> — Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:16 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
