<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/236" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2006-02-10T23:24:15+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/236</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-02-10T23:24:15+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-02-10T23:24:15+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=685#p685</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=685#p685"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Bullet + ODE on Linux-x86_64]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=685#p685"><![CDATA[
Bullet can handle trimesh collisions indeed. So Bullet+Ode can be used without Opcode. At the moment, the Bullet+Ode integration is backwards compatible with opcode-trimeshes, but if you only use Bullet primitives, you don't need Opcode.<br><br>I'll verify the BulletOdeBrige if it supports the latest Bullet BvhTriangleMesh support.<br><br>With repect to Ode+Bullet+ Bridge merged into a single library:<br>Can't you just add all files to the makefile that makes libode.a?<br>You should be able to verify if all works, with the testfile that uses Bullet convex objects.<br><br>I'm happy to help with further questions.<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:24 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[sptrashcan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2006-02-10T20:46:14+00:00</updated>

		<published>2006-02-10T20:46:14+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=684#p684</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=684#p684"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Bullet + ODE on Linux-x86_64]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=684#p684"><![CDATA[
I am trying to get Bullet + ODE working on a 64-bit machine running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.  On the Bullet side, I've managed to get Bullet by itself to compile into 2 dynamically linked libraries (libBullet.so, libBulletDynamics.so).  I've also gotten the Physics Interface to compile into a shared library.  And I have compiled the demos against these shared libraries and produced working executables.<br><br>ODE + OPCODE has been a bigger problem, because OPCODE makes wildly unjustified assumptions about the respective sizes of unsigned integers and pointers (they are NOT THE SAME on 64-bit processors).  By replacing certain unsigned integers with size_t's, I've gotten ODE + OPCODE to compile (albeit with much grumbling) and the tests and demos for ODE will run, although the trimesh collisions are incorrect to the point of unusability.<br><br>Now, however, I'm kind of stuck.  I have no idea how BulletOdeCollide is meant to bridge ODE and Bullet, nor do I have any clue how to compile executables against it (because, you see, I don't have MSVC and can't examine your project files).  My hope is that I can compile a version of libode.a which contains the Bullet functionality, and which I can then use wherever I would use the normal libode.a (such as in Delta3D).  Also, can Bullet be used to handle trimesh collisions without resorting to OPCODE (which as I mentioned is quite horrendously broken on non-32-bit platforms)?  I'd appreciate any suggestions you can give me.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=409">sptrashcan</a> — Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:46 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
