<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/2341" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2008-07-23T22:50:32+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/2341</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-07-23T22:50:32+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-07-23T22:50:32+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9453#p9453</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9453#p9453"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Problem loading collada files]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9453#p9453"><![CDATA[
Make sure that the meshes are triangulated, BulletColladaConverter doesn't deal with quads or other non-triangle meshes.<blockquote class="uncited"><div>Q2<br>my another question: the demo shows us how the colladaconverter load the jenga.dae<br>which include the model, camera, gravity etc, almost everything are defined from the collada file<br>so its like a save file of a scen how about I want to load eg the track from 1 collada file and cars from other collada files? will I be able to do that with the converter? or I have to modifly the converter for this task?</div></blockquote>Bullet uses COLLADA DOM, which usually supports external references. However, the COLLADA DOM version included in Bullet has this feature disabled, to avoid licensing issues and code bloat. Just use the regular version of COLLADA DOM if you really need external references.<br><br>Hope this helps,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:50 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[stenyak]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-07-10T18:47:02+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-07-10T18:47:02+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9231#p9231</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9231#p9231"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Problem loading collada files]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9231#p9231"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div><strong class="text-strong">Q2</strong><br>my another question: the demo shows us how the colladaconverter load the jenga.dae<br>which include the model, camera, gravity etc, almost everything are defined from the collada file<br>so its like a save file of a scen how about I want to load eg the track from 1 collada file and cars from other collada files? will I be able to do that with the converter? or I have to modifly the converter for this task?</div></blockquote>This should be doable using external references ("xrefs" iirc), which is a standard feature of the collada format. It supports local filesystem, as well as ftp, http, and even custom protocols (ed2k, or whatever we may invent), which is a nice thing.<br><br>Does anyone know if the bullet collada layer supports this already?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=228">stenyak</a> — Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:47 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Y0z2]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-07-09T16:33:06+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-07-09T16:33:06+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9192#p9192</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9192#p9192"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Problem loading collada files]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9192#p9192"><![CDATA[
I got 2 question about the colladaconverter<br><br>Its my first time using bullet<br>As my project want to use bullet as physic engine, loading collada files, so my task is to test the capability of collada with bullet.<br>I went through the source code and compile the colladaconverter demo from the bullet, and everything was fine<br><br>then I go on and test if the converter work with other collada files<br>so I went to google 3D warehouse and pick a nice <a href="http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=170a1c60059a1ec6a4fa04bd75997cb3&amp;prevstart=0" class="postlink">Fragmentation -Frag- Anti-Personell Grenade</a><br>first I copy and paste the green-aid.dae file from the zip to the bullet dir (where the jenga.dae is)<br>then create a bat file with DebugColladaDemo.exe green-aid.dae ( run the demo with argument of the file name) <br>and I end up with some errors like "No Triangles or Polygons found int Geometry"?<br><br>What I interpreted is<br>the file does load into the convertor, and the function convert ran<br>the problem comes in when it load the meshs<br>so I picked some problem mesh and went into the dae<br>and compare the problem mesh with the normal mesh ( I found the mesh1-geometry is ok and mesh2-geometry have error)<br>and found that the mesh1-geometry under geometry&gt;mesh there are<blockquote class="uncited"><div>&lt;source id="mesh1-geometry-position"&gt;<br>&lt;source id="mesh1-geometry-normal"&gt;<br>&lt;source id="mesh1-geometry-uv"&gt;<br>&lt;vertices id="mesh1-geometry-vertex"&gt;<br>&lt;triangles material="material0" count="752"&gt;</div></blockquote>and for the mesh2-geometry under geometry&gt; mesh there are<blockquote class="uncited"><div>&lt;source id="mesh2-geometry-position"&gt;<br>&lt;vertices id="mesh2-geometry-vertex"&gt;<br>&lt;lines material="ForegroundColor" count="27"&gt;</div></blockquote><strong class="text-strong">Q1</strong><br>is the problem come from the collada file I downloaded (not a standard one)?<br>or the convertor lacks some function to cope with all collada files?<br><strong class="text-strong">Q2</strong><br>my another question: the demo shows us how the colladaconverter load the jenga.dae<br>which include the model, camera, gravity etc, almost everything are defined from the collada file<br>so its like a save file of a scen how about I want to load eg the track from 1 collada file and cars from other collada files? will I be able to do that with the converter? or I have to modifly the converter for this task?<br><br>please kindly help<br>Y0z2<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2576">Y0z2</a> — Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:33 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
