<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/2281" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2011-08-24T22:15:23+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/2281</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2011-08-24T22:15:23+00:00</updated>

		<published>2011-08-24T22:15:23+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=25097#p25097</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=25097#p25097"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Mesh - mesh collision detection in OPCODE]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=25097#p25097"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div> I am trying to find a simple collision detection library too detect the collision between mesh and sphere.</div></blockquote>Bullet collision detection can do that and it is pretty simple. You don't need to use the rigid body or soft body dynamics, they are separate libraries.<br><br>Either setup a btCollisionWorld and perform the queries, or go more low-level if needed.<br>Thanks,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:15 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[zizo]]></name></author>
		<updated>2011-06-11T20:05:11+00:00</updated>

		<published>2011-06-11T20:05:11+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=23815#p23815</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=23815#p23815"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Mesh - mesh collision detection in OPCODE]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=23815#p23815"><![CDATA[
Hello,<br><br>I am just beginner to OpCode and actually I do not have any idea about how to use it even could not configure it with visual studio 2005. I am trying to find a simple collision detection library too detect the collision between mesh and sphere.<br><br>please, can any one help me with how to start using opcode or any advice regarding which collision detection library will help me to get my project done.<br><br>Thank you,<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8274">zizo</a> — Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:05 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Hanz]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-07-02T09:10:30+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-07-02T09:10:30+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9041#p9041</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9041#p9041"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Mesh - mesh collision detection in OPCODE]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9041#p9041"><![CDATA[
If I understand your question correctly, for contact between, say obj1 and obj2, you want to get the collision triangles in both objects. Right?<br>Then it is not that difficult. Here is the main procedure:<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>        // suppose you have set up the collision environment for obj1 and obj2        bool IsOK = Collider.Collide(ColCache, &amp;worldObj1, &amp;worldObj2);        if (IsOK) {            // Get collision status =&gt; if true, objects overlap            if ( Collider.GetContactStatus() ) {                // Number of colliding pairs and list of pairs                int TriCount = Collider.GetNbPairs();                const Pair* CollidingPairs = Collider.GetPairs();                if (TriCount &gt; 0) {                    int id1, id2;                    for(int i = 0; i&lt; TriCount; i++){                        id1 = CollidingPairs[i].id0;                        id2 = CollidingPairs[i].id1;                        Opcode::VertexPointers VP;                        Opcode::ConversionArea VC;                        // obj1.getMeshData()-&gt;m_Mesh returns the mesh you set for collision object                        obj1.getMeshData()-&gt;m_Mesh.GetTriangle(VP, id1, VC);                        // now you get the [i]i[/i]th triangle vertex information for obj1                        //                VP.Vertex[j]-&gt;x                        //                VP.Vertex[j]-&gt;y                        //                VP.Vertex[j]-&gt;z                        // same for the other object obj2                        obj2.getMeshData()-&gt;m_Mesh.GetTriangle(VP, id2, VC);                        // now you get the [i]i[/i]th triangle vertex information for obj2                        //                VP.Vertex[j]-&gt;x                        //                VP.Vertex[j]-&gt;y                        //                VP.Vertex[j]-&gt;z                    }                }            }</code></pre></div>And don't forget transform the vertex information to global position if you want to get the contact point in world space. Since, well, the vertex is local to corresponding meshes.  <br><br>HTH<br><br>BTW, this forum is not for this kind of question, try "General Discussion about Collision Detection and Physics R&amp;D" next time please.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1771">Hanz</a> — Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:10 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[fengerfafa]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-06-26T06:19:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-06-26T06:19:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=8912#p8912</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=8912#p8912"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Mesh - mesh collision detection in OPCODE]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=8912#p8912"><![CDATA[
I have the same problem!mesh vs mesh using opcode ,there lost the demo<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2544">fengerfafa</a> — Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:19 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[labrap50]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-06-24T10:40:45+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-06-24T10:40:45+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=8875#p8875</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=8875#p8875"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Mesh - mesh collision detection in OPCODE]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=8875#p8875"><![CDATA[
Hello everybody!!<br>    This is the first time that I am posting a topic in this forum. I am currently using OPCODE for collision detection in virtual reality environment. As you may know that in OPCODE there is a 'collider' which collides with a triangle-mesh object. We can get the triangles (from the mesh surface) which are 'in contact' with the collider (I am using LSS and CapsuleMeshQuery as in CDTestFramework example). But, I wanted to get the contact triangles in the collider itself as well. According to the OPCODE user manual, there is a Mesh-mesh collision query that might fit my need. However, I am having difficulty while trying to understand the step and implement it, as there is no demo for this one.<br><br>Has anybody tried to implement mesh-mesh collision query, and retrieve the contact triangles from both the object and the collider? I would appreciate if I get your help on this.<br><br>- labrap<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2539">labrap50</a> — Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:40 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
