<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1827" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2022-07-22T16:01:58+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1827</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[fmorat]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-07-22T16:01:58+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-07-22T16:01:58+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44064#p44064</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44064#p44064"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Java port of Bullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44064#p44064"><![CDATA[
First of all Thanks to the creator of Java port of Bullet. It is awesome!<br><br>My question is whether there will ever be a port to Java of a newer version of Bullet?<br>The current version of JBullet is 2.72 but the current version of Bullet is 3.24<br><br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Felipe<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14375">fmorat</a> — Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:01 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[ohtoai]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-06-10T09:58:31+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-06-10T09:58:31+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44031#p44031</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44031#p44031"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Java port of Bullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44031#p44031"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br>I am new to jBullet and I am trying to run the demos. But I get the following error:Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jbullet\jbullet-20101010\lib\lwjgl\win32\lwjgl.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform.<br>The problem is that I use windows 64bit. Does anyone know how to solve this?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14347">ohtoai</a> — Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:58 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[proton2]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-03-09T16:56:35+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-03-09T16:56:35+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43342#p43342</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43342#p43342"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Java port of Bullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43342#p43342"><![CDATA[
Hello! How I can initialize IndexedMesh - how I can set field vertexBase ByteBuffer type using this library in Java? <br><br>In jBullet I can set ByteBuffer variable to field which have type ByteBuffer in class IndexedMesh<br><br>ByteBuffer <strong class="text-strong">verticesByteBuffer </strong>= ByteBuffer.allocate(Float.BYTES * 3 * meshBuffer.getNumVertices());<br>...<br>IndexedMesh indexedMesh = new IndexedMesh();<br>indexedMesh.vertexBase = <strong class="text-strong">verticesByteBuffer</strong>;<br><br>But in Kotlin realisation field vertexBase have type Integer, not ByteBuffer and this setter is not correct<br>indexedMesh.setVertexBase(<strong class="text-strong">verticesByteBuffer</strong>);<br><br>How I can set my ByteBuffer to initialize IndexedMesh class?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13923">proton2</a> — Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:56 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[elect]]></name></author>
		<updated>2018-02-26T17:25:21+00:00</updated>

		<published>2018-02-26T17:25:21+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40450#p40450</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40450#p40450"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Java port of Bullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40450#p40450"><![CDATA[
<a href="https://github.com/kotlin-graphics/bullet/blob/master/src/test/kotlin/bullet/HelloWord.kt" class="postlink">HelloWorld</a> test debugged and complete<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11454">elect</a> — Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:25 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[elect]]></name></author>
		<updated>2017-12-01T09:13:30+00:00</updated>

		<published>2017-12-01T09:13:30+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40181#p40181</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40181#p40181"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Java port of Bullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40181#p40181"><![CDATA[
So, unfortunately I didn't have much time to dedicate it.. so things slowed down a bit.. but right now, I ported (almost) everything for running the project App_HelloWorld (branch b)<br><br>Right now I'm looking for valuable inputs, I need some very basic test scenarios in order to debug and coverage code and unfortunately bullet doesn't seem offering a lot of (basic) collision tests<br><br>Can anyone help me?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11454">elect</a> — Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:13 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[elect]]></name></author>
		<updated>2017-10-10T17:49:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2017-10-10T17:49:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40029#p40029</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40029#p40029"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Java port of Bullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40029#p40029"><![CDATA[
So, I have some good news guys<br><br>after a couple of years of cuddling my dream to port bullet to java, I discovered in the meanwhile Kotlin and useless to say, it was love at first sight..<br><br>fast forward to 3 days ago, after over one year experience with it, I decided to put on test my productivity and efficiency with Kotlin... and now I already have the collision tests up and running!<br><br>And it's 100% Java compatible!<br><br>I'm convinced it'd have taken almost a week using plain Java (and Netbeans, my first ide, Intellij ftw)..<br><br>Addressing the last concerns:<br><br>- @immortius, I think that if github was famous at jBullet time, things would have gone differently..<br>I explicitely created an <a href="https://github.com/kotlin-graphics/" class="postlink">organization</a> to create a suitable environment to gather multiple efforts and where a community may easily grow<br><br>- @deepthought, looking again today, it seems bullet3 is still a prototype.. I have nothing against porting it too, but at the moment bullet2 seems the de-facto library, especially given the requirements..<br><br>I'd be really glad if someone could get involved to contribute in any way, pulls (also in java), testing, wiki, etc..<br><br>I hope you guys will appreciate, <a href="https://github.com/kotlin-graphics/bullet" class="postlink">enjoy</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11454">elect</a> — Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:49 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[deepthought]]></name></author>
		<updated>2016-02-29T02:03:55+00:00</updated>

		<published>2016-02-29T02:03:55+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37086#p37086</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37086#p37086"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Java port of Bullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=37086#p37086"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>elect, have you considered a native wrapper rather than a port (like gdxBullet)? Obviously pros and cons with either approach, but I worry about ports not being maintained, like what happened with jBullet.</div></blockquote>I think this would be less of an issue with bullet3, since most of the code is OpenCL, and would not need to be ported<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10202">deepthought</a> — Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:03 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[elect]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-08-28T08:57:38+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-08-28T08:57:38+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36153#p36153</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36153#p36153"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Java port of Bullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36153#p36153"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>elect, have you considered a native wrapper rather than a port (like gdxBullet)? Obviously pros and cons with either approach, but I worry about ports not being maintained, like what happened with jBullet.</div></blockquote>I know, that's the problem when you try to do all alone.<br><br>I thing putting everything on github, a nice wiki and doing a campaing among those who are interested might lead to a small community who will mantain it during time<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11454">elect</a> — Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:57 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[immortius]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-08-28T00:34:53+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-08-28T00:34:53+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36150#p36150</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36150#p36150"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Java port of Bullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36150#p36150"><![CDATA[
elect, have you considered a native wrapper rather than a port (like gdxBullet)? Obviously pros and cons with either approach, but I worry about ports not being maintained, like what happened with jBullet.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11451">immortius</a> — Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:34 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[elect]]></name></author>
		<updated>2015-08-25T06:52:06+00:00</updated>

		<published>2015-08-25T06:52:06+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36133#p36133</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36133#p36133"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Java port of Bullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=36133#p36133"><![CDATA[
Hi, I am evaluating porting bullet 3 to java (using also jocl), is there anyone who also is interested so that we may unite all our efforts?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11454">elect</a> — Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:52 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
