<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/180" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2005-11-21T16:32:20+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/180</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[boldt]]></name></author>
		<updated>2005-11-21T16:32:20+00:00</updated>

		<published>2005-11-21T16:32:20+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=467#p467</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=467#p467"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Iterative gauss-seidel solver]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=467#p467"><![CDATA[
Hi Guys<br><br>I'm working on a simulator where I use a iterative gauss-seidel method to solve for lagrange multipliers in my lcp problem.<br><br>This works quite well in most of the cases, but in some extreme cases I get a bad solution.<br><br>The problem is that my solver starts to cycle between solutions for the multipliers. <br><br>After my first iteration I might have a solution like<br><br>\lambda_1,1 , \lambda_1,2 , \lambda_1,3<br><br> and then <br><br>\lambda_2,1 , \lambda_2,2 , \lambda_2,3<br><br>and then another iteration where I get<br><br>\lambda_3,1 , \lambda_3,2 , \lambda_3,3.<br><br>Then the solver can start over and will find <br><br>\lambda_1,1 , \lambda_1,2 , \lambda_1,3<br><br>as a new solution. I guess it is because my problem somehow are illconditioned, but how should I solve this. Have any other experienced this behaviour with iterative gauss seidel solvers<br><br>Thanks<br>Niels<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=124">boldt</a> — Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:32 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
