<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1799" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2008-01-01T20:10:05+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/1799</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[zzzzrrr]]></name></author>
		<updated>2008-01-01T20:10:05+00:00</updated>

		<published>2008-01-01T20:10:05+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6802#p6802</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6802#p6802"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Efficient Collision Detection between 2D Polygons]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6802#p6802"><![CDATA[
I've created a sweet 2D demo demonstrating the principles of GJK, written in the D programming language. Objects may be moved, rotated, and shape changed, all the while displaying the Minkowski Hull and Simplex.  This is a great educational tool.<br><br>Here's the link if you're interested:<br><br><a href="http://code.google.com/p/gjkd/" class="postlink">http://code.google.com/p/gjkd/</a><br><br>Comments, complaints, suggestions are encouraged.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Mason<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1691">zzzzrrr</a> — Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:10 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[zzzzrrr]]></name></author>
		<updated>2007-12-26T23:42:43+00:00</updated>

		<published>2007-12-26T23:42:43+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6791#p6791</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6791#p6791"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Efficient Collision Detection between 2D Polygons]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6791#p6791"><![CDATA[
Hello,<br><br>I've been experimenting with GJK and it obviously works well with convex objects.  However, I am interested in extending this method to non-convex 2D models, and I'm wondering if there are better ways than having to employ convex decomposition.  <br><br>I found the following paper on 2D collision detection for non-convex objects and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts::<br><br>wscg.zcu.cz/wscg2004/Papers_2004_Full/B83.pdf<br><br>In particular, I would like to know if this is a more efficient method than GJK with convex decomposition. Any  constructive thoughts would be appreciated!<br><br>Thanks,<br>Mason<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=1691">zzzzrrr</a> — Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:42 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
