<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/137" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2005-10-04T15:44:14+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/137</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[gino]]></name></author>
		<updated>2005-10-04T15:44:14+00:00</updated>

		<published>2005-10-04T15:44:14+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=354#p354</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=354#p354"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Questions for Gino about your book]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=354#p354"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>4) Could you describe the is_affinely_dependant test, and why you added that to your code. It isn't mentioned in the book at all.<br><br>Thanks</div></blockquote>This test checks whether the current simplex W cup { w } has a zero "volume". Here "volume" means length (line segment),  area (triangle) or volume (tetrahedron). An affinely dependent simplex is a sure sign of a missed termination condition. This test should also detect the "inSimplex" cases, but with finite-precision you are never really sure.<br><br>Cheers,<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=4">gino</a> — Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:44 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[gino]]></name></author>
		<updated>2005-10-04T15:35:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2005-10-04T15:35:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=353#p353</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=353#p353"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Questions for Gino about your book]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=353#p353"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>I've compared your implementation of ISA-GJK in Solid 3.5.4 vs. the pseudo code you give in your book, and I have a few questions:<br><br>1) In the pseudo code, there is a check if the new support point is a member of the current simplex, but in your code you don't actually check for that, you only do in the hybrid penetration depth procedure.<br><br>2) I can't seem to find a description of the "safe exit" test.<br><br>3) You don't include a description of calculating the common points. I'm especially interested in the hybrid penetration depth point calculation. I'm guessing you are trimming off the margin?<br><br>Thanks.</div></blockquote>1) In the code I only perform the check in GJK distance computation routines (closest_points and hybrid_penetration depth) Cases where ISA-GJK ends up cycling are extremely rare. The SAFE_EXIT takes care of them now.<br><br>2) There is no description in the book. SAFE_EXIT terminates as soon as the decrease in distance in an iteration drops below a certain threshold. It is very robust but may occasionally terminate too soon.<br><br>3) I do not have the book handy right now but both the common point computation and the hybrid method are discussed in Chapter 4.<br><br>Good luck<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=4">gino</a> — Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:35 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[John McCutchan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2005-09-17T18:25:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2005-09-17T18:25:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=338#p338</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=338#p338"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Questions for Gino about your book]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=338#p338"><![CDATA[
4) Could you describe the is_affinely_dependant test, and why you added that to your code. It isn't mentioned in the book at all.<br><br>Thanks<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=148">John McCutchan</a> — Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:25 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[John McCutchan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2005-09-17T18:23:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2005-09-17T18:23:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=337#p337</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=337#p337"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Questions for Gino about your book]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=337#p337"><![CDATA[
I've compared your implementation of ISA-GJK in Solid 3.5.4 vs. the pseudo code you give in your book, and I have a few questions:<br><br>1) In the pseudo code, there is a check if the new support point is a member of the current simplex, but in your code you don't actually check for that, you only do in the hybrid penetration depth procedure.<br><br>2) I can't seem to find a description of the "safe exit" test.<br><br>3) You don't include a description of calculating the common points. I'm especially interested in the hybrid penetration depth point calculation. I'm guessing you are trimming off the margin?<br><br>Thanks.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=148">John McCutchan</a> — Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:23 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
