<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13538" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2023-02-20T05:07:22+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13538</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[drleviathan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2023-02-20T05:07:22+00:00</updated>

		<published>2023-02-20T05:07:22+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44262#p44262</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44262#p44262"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Is it possible to create an ellipsoid shape in Bullet?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44262#p44262"><![CDATA[
I've never personally used scaling on spheres however upon inspection of the code it looks like <strong class="text-strong">btSphereShape</strong> derives from <strong class="text-strong">btConvexInternalShape</strong> which has a <strong class="text-strong">m_localScaling</strong> data member. Try it and maybe it will work.<br><br>Alternatively, you could use a <strong class="text-strong">btConvexHullShape</strong>.  It is possible to set the collision margin large to get smoothed out the facets of such a shape.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11033">drleviathan</a> — Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:07 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[PgrAm]]></name></author>
		<updated>2023-02-19T20:59:00+00:00</updated>

		<published>2023-02-19T20:59:00+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44261#p44261</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44261#p44261"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Is it possible to create an ellipsoid shape in Bullet?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44261#p44261"><![CDATA[
So I have an object that I need to represent that is roughly ellipsoidal, basically a squashed sphere. Can I simply make this with a btSphereShape and setting the local scaling? or are there drawbacks with this approach? Since bullet doesn't seem to come out of the box with an ellipsoid shape, what would be the best way to represent one?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=9253">PgrAm</a> — Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:59 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
