<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13537" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2023-02-17T13:52:48+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13537</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[anascim]]></name></author>
		<updated>2023-02-17T13:52:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2023-02-17T13:52:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44256#p44256</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44256#p44256"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Properly achieving determinism (on same machine)]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44256#p44256"><![CDATA[
Some more things I tried:<br>- m_deterministicOverlappingPairs = true;<br>- performDiscreteCollisionDetection()<br><br>Keep in mind, I tried all these configurations together and different combinations of them<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14524">anascim</a> — Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:52 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[anascim]]></name></author>
		<updated>2023-02-17T13:51:24+00:00</updated>

		<published>2023-02-17T13:51:24+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44255#p44255</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44255#p44255"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Properly achieving determinism (on same machine)]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44255#p44255"><![CDATA[
I'm working on a networked game so I need totally deterministic simulations even when resetting a given physics state (transform + velocities).<br>However, to achieve determinism, I currently have to delete all rigidbodies and recreate them, which is a bit slow.<br>It appears that something about the rigidbodies is cached from the previous frame but I couldn't figure it out.<br>Things that I already tried and failed the determinism test:<br>- calling resetPool on the broadphase<br>- calling refreshBroadphaseProxy for every collision object<br>- calling cleanProxyFromPairs passing each collision object<br>- calling reset on the constraint solver<br>- disabling warmstaring on the m_solverMode<br><br>Is there nothing else I can do to make deterministic simulations on reset? Or do I really have to delete everything and recreate?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14524">anascim</a> — Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:51 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
