<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13512" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2023-01-02T15:30:46+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13512</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[TPultke]]></name></author>
		<updated>2023-01-02T15:30:46+00:00</updated>

		<published>2023-01-02T15:30:46+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44187#p44187</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44187#p44187"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[getCameraImage does not record UserDebugItems]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44187#p44187"><![CDATA[
Hi there!<br><br>I am currently using pyBullet as a way to visualize my robotics application. One use case is exporting animations for my thesis, therefor I would like to take either images per timestep and convert them to a video with specified framerate or export a video directly.<br><br>I now tried two ways to achieve this:<br><br>1. get an image with getCameraImage per visualizer step (would result in e.g. 1500 imgs) and convert it to mp4 with imageio_ffmpeg. However problems occure with debug items like UserDebugLines (used to visualize distance to obstacles or show target frames). They're simply not shown when I acquire images like this per timestep - my assumption is, that this function actually is used to generate artificial camera images for e.g. simulating vision-based control? So Debug Items should normally not be visible? Is there a way to visualize them nevertheless?<br><br>2. use startStateLogging and log my visualization as mp4. This works in terms of capturing regular objects and debug items, but the framerate is not synchronized with the physics thread -&gt; Therefor the actual animation length depends on the framerate and amount of frames at which the video is captured.<br><br>What would be my best bet to capture regular objects as well as debug items at a fixed framerate and amount of captured frames? Are there any hidden options I just didnt yet find?<br><br>Thanks in advance!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14493">TPultke</a> — Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:30 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
