<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13506" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2023-01-10T11:45:48+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13506</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[smellrock]]></name></author>
		<updated>2023-01-10T11:45:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2023-01-10T11:45:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44197#p44197</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44197#p44197"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: How to properly generate .vtk file from .obj file?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44197#p44197"><![CDATA[
Hey @Lishitang, Actually I am too working on that. Please let me know if you found something. For me I used FreeCad and was able to directly convert STL into obj but failed to convert into vtk file. I will post as well as soon as I know something. all the best!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14500">smellrock</a> — Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:45 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Lishitang]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-12-11T08:38:37+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-12-11T08:38:37+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44180#p44180</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44180#p44180"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[How to properly generate .vtk file from .obj file?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44180#p44180"><![CDATA[
I want to load deformable object in PyBullet with function "loadSoftBody". I know that PyBullet offers example object file "torus.obj" and "torus.vtk". It works well. However, when I try to generate .vtk file by myself from .obj with the following steps, PyBullet crashes down:<br>1. open .obj file in Blender in Windows and export .stl file<br>2. generate .msh file in TetWild (<a href="https://github.com/Yixin-Hu/TetWild" class="postlink">https://github.com/Yixin-Hu/TetWild</a>) in Ubuntu with command in terminal: <br>$ ./TetWild --input torus.stl --output torus.msh<br>3. open .msh file in Gmsh in Windows and export .vtk file<br>4. run the following Python script:<blockquote class="uncited"><div>import pybullet as p<br>from time import sleep<br>import pybullet_data<br><br>physicsClient = p.connect(p.GUI)<br><br>p.setAdditionalSearchPath(pybullet_data.getDataPath())<br><br>p.resetSimulation(p.RESET_USE_DEFORMABLE_WORLD)<br>p.setGravity(0, 0, -10)<br><br>planeId = p.loadURDF("plane.urdf", [0,0,0])<br><br># original .vtk file ------- success<br># softBodyId1 = p.loadSoftBody("original files/torus.vtk", basePosition = [0,0,5])<br># generated .vtk file ------- fail<br>softBodyId2 = p.loadSoftBody("generated files/torus.vtk", basePosition = [0,0,5])<br><br>p.setRealTimeSimulation(0)<br><br>while p.isConnected():<br>  p.stepSimulation()</div></blockquote>Then PyBullet crashes down.<blockquote class="uncited"><div>pybullet build time: May 20 2022 19:44:17<br>startThreads creating 1 threads.<br>starting thread 0<br>started thread 0 <br>argc=2<br>argv[0] = --unused<br>argv[1] = --start_demo_name=Physics Server<br>ExampleBrowserThreadFunc started<br>X11 functions dynamically loaded using dlopen/dlsym OK!<br>X11 functions dynamically loaded using dlopen/dlsym OK!<br>Creating context<br>Created GL 3.3 context<br>Direct GLX rendering context obtained<br>Making context current<br>GL_VENDOR=VMware, Inc.<br>GL_RENDERER=SVGA3D; build: RELEASE;  LLVM;<br>GL_VERSION=4.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 21.2.6<br>GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION=4.10<br>pthread_getconcurrency()=0<br>Version = 4.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 21.2.6<br>Vendor = VMware, Inc.<br>Renderer = SVGA3D; build: RELEASE;  LLVM;<br>b3Printf: Selected demo: Physics Server<br>startThreads creating 1 threads.<br>starting thread 0<br>started thread 0 <br>MotionThreadFunc thread started<br>ven = VMware, Inc.<br>ven = VMware, Inc.<br>Segmentation fault (core dumped)</div></blockquote>All the files are attached in the <div class="inline-attachment"><dl class="file"><dt><span class="imageset icon_topic_attach"></span> <a class="postlink" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=1966">files.zip</a></dt></dl></div> file. Folder "original files" are files provided by PyBullet git repository. Folder "generated files" are files generated by myself. I search for the solution online and still cannot solve this problem.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14484">Lishitang</a> — Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:38 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
