<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13473" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2022-08-17T17:05:28+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13473</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Manish]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-08-17T17:05:28+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-08-17T17:05:28+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44094#p44094</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44094#p44094"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: PyBullet R2D2 Environment works but not PyBulletGym for the same model]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44094#p44094"><![CDATA[
Ok, I just found out why one of them works while the other doesn't. As expected, I was the one who had made an error. It seems that the bodies which don't actually <strong class="text-strong">should</strong> have some joint force. No joint force is the reason they were moving freely in space. I had set the revolute and prismatic joints as VELOCITY_CONTROL mode with target velocity and force as 0, as suggested in the documentation. But I guess I interpreted it wrong.<br><br>Will add more here when I discover some more information.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14400">Manish</a> — Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:05 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Manish]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-08-17T12:26:03+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-08-17T12:26:03+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44093#p44093</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44093#p44093"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[PyBullet R2D2 Environment works but not PyBulletGym for the same model]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44093#p44093"><![CDATA[
I am trying to build upon the <a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/blob/master/examples/pybullet/gym/pybullet_envs/bullet/racecarGymEnv.py" class="postlink">RaceCar </a> environment provided in the PyBullet Tutorials, by replacing the racecar with a R2D2 model and also replacing the control of wheels by a simple differential steering logic, where the wheels on the right have 1 velocity and the ones on left have another.<br><br>On trying to implement this simple scenario individually as a PyBullet script <strong class="text-strong">pybullet_r2d2.py</strong>, I get the desired scenario where the robot is turning with some radius. The only actuation is feasible on wheels and no other joint. However, when I try to create a Gym environment with the exact same URDF and step() logic <strong class="text-strong">r2d2GymEnvTest.py</strong>, I see a weird behaviour where the head is swivelling and the gripper pole enters in and out of the body. Basically the 2 joints seem to be active despite giving no force/velocity input. I have tried forcefully setting it to 0, but no help. I also increased solver steps and decreased time step but no help again. <br><br>I am not able to identify where this difference arises from. I am attaching all my scripts for reference (it's not nicely written though). I am completely stuck. Please do let me know if there's something which I am missing!<br><br>It will be clearly visible that there is bare minimum modification from the tutorial script.<br><br>P.S. I did try to see if there is some force provided to the joints using p.enableJointForceTorqueSensor(), and it indeed shows the force/torque to be 0 for head and gripper. This makes me even more confused as to how the bodies are moving without any force.<dl class="file"><dt><span class="imageset icon_topic_attach"></span> <a class="postlink" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=1944">r2d2_pybullet.zip</a></dt></dl><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14400">Manish</a> — Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:26 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
