<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13463" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2022-07-29T16:44:07+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13463</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[mretchin]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-07-29T16:44:07+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-07-29T16:44:07+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44070#p44070</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44070#p44070"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: InvertedPendulumBulletEnv-v0 observation dimension meaning?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44070#p44070"><![CDATA[
The answer is here: <a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/blob/master/examples/pybullet/gym/pybullet_envs/robot_pendula.py#L48" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet ... ula.py#L48</a>.<br><br>np.array([x, vx, np.cos(self.theta), np.sin(self.theta), theta_dot])<br><br>It's the same four-dimensional space, except that rather than cart position, cart velocity, pole angle, pole angular velocity like usual, it's the cos and sin of pole angle.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14382">mretchin</a> — Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:44 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[mretchin]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-07-29T01:54:33+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-07-29T01:54:33+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44069#p44069</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44069#p44069"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[InvertedPendulumBulletEnv-v0 observation dimension meaning?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44069#p44069"><![CDATA[
I noticed that the inverted pendulum Gym environment (<a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/blob/master/examples/pybullet/gym/pybullet_envs/gym_pendulum_envs.py" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet ... um_envs.py</a>) is 5-dimensional, which is different from the usual 4-dimensional observation vector: [cart position, cart velocity, pendulum angle, pendulum angular velocity]. What do the observation dimensions correspond to?<br><br>I'd like to start my episode with the pendulum facing down, but it's difficult to do that if I don't know what the observation space is.<br><br>Thanks!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14382">mretchin</a> — Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:54 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
