<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13457" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2022-07-12T08:53:05+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13457</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[lusyok]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-07-12T08:53:05+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-07-12T08:53:05+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44057#p44057</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44057#p44057"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[PBD: add new contraints in run-time]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44057#p44057"><![CDATA[
Hello! <br><br>I want to ask whether anyone has ever tried to add, new sretching constraints during simulation in PBD. I am trying to implement a cutting simulation in Unity using Position Based Dynamics(PBD), however it requires new constraints to be created in runtime. In my simulation I add new vertices(positions) and create stretching constraints between them. I do update compute shader according to new positions and constraints number, but still my simulation runs into the same problem. <br><br>The Unity complains on collision mesh like the following: "Failed extracting collision mesh because vertex at index 0 contains a non-finite value (nan, nan, nan)."<br><br>The simulation runs well if I only add new positions. But when I update constraints everything breaks.<br><br>If anyone has an experience in adding new constraints in PBD, you are welcome to add your comments and suggestions. Thank you in advance!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13954">lusyok</a> — Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:53 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
