<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13444" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2022-06-11T18:26:03+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13444</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[sgold]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-06-11T18:26:03+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-06-11T18:26:03+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44033#p44033</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44033#p44033"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Announcing a modern Bullet for Java]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44033#p44033"><![CDATA[
Python developers have PyBullet, which is official and up-to-date, but for many years *Java* developers who wanted to use Bullet were limited to JBullet, which (as far as I can tell) hasn't been updated since Bullet 2.72 (2008). JBullet was difficult to maintain---in part because it relied on instrumentation of the class files. There was also a jme3-bullet library, which accessed official (C++) Bullet via the Java Native Interface, but it was tightly coupled to the JMonkey game engine, making it inconvenient for all other uses.<br><br>But now there's a better option!<br><br>Since 2018, I've been developing Minie, a fork of the jme3-bullet library. I brought it up-to-date with Bullet 2.89, fixed countless bugs, added support for btMultiSphereShape, btGeneric6DofSpring2Constraint, soft bodies, multibodies, and multithreading, and ported it to various platforms. One offshoot of this effort was a library named Libbulletjme, a subset of Minie which (despite the name) wasn't coupled to any game engine. Although Libbulletjme was 100% open-source, I created it for testing purposes---I didn't plan on anyone but me ever using it. To my surprise, I encountered considerable interest in a modern Bullet-based physics engine that could be used in ordinary Java applications.<br><br>Over the past couple months, a collaborator and I created a website with tutorials and demos for Libbulletjme. Both the library and the website are ready for general use. If there are any Java/JVM developers reading this, I encourage you to look at Libbulletjme.<br><br><a href="https://stephengold.github.io/Libbulletjme/lbj-en/English/overview.html" class="postlink">https://stephengold.github.io/Libbullet ... rview.html</a><br><br>I am open to feedback and will attempt to answer all questions pertaining to Libbulletjme.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14280">sgold</a> — Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:26 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
