<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13427" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2022-04-29T07:44:16+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13427</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Geometrian]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-04-29T07:44:16+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-04-29T07:44:16+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43999#p43999</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43999#p43999"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Static `btConvexHullShape` Not Participating in Collisions]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43999#p43999"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>Does the object properly collide when you supply it with a different shape but leave all other code unchanged?</div></blockquote>Replacing it with a box, I saw that collisions failed there too. Comparing that with my <em class="text-italics">working</em> box code, I was able to trace it down to a problem with the transforms—specifically, the transforms had a scale baked in, which I had already figured out doesn't work. After applying the scale to the object instead, I was able to get the collisions correct.<br><br>Thanks for the good debug idea!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8934">Geometrian</a> — Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:44 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[drleviathan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-04-28T15:28:52+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-04-28T15:28:52+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43995#p43995</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43995#p43995"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Static `btConvexHullShape` Not Participating in Collisions]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43995#p43995"><![CDATA[
<strong class="text-strong">btConvexHullShape</strong> does work, so I would expect something else is wrong.  Does the object properly collide when you supply it with a different shape but leave all other code unchanged?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11033">drleviathan</a> — Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:28 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Geometrian]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-04-28T01:35:49+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-04-28T01:35:49+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43994#p43994</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43994#p43994"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Static `btConvexHullShape` Not Participating in Collisions]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43994#p43994"><![CDATA[
I'm trying to make a simple square static pyramid collision object. It seems I'm supposed to do this with `btConvexHullShape`:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>btConvexHullShape* shape = new btConvexHullShape;shape-&gt;addPoint(btVector3(-1,-1,0));shape-&gt;addPoint(btVector3( 1,-1,0));shape-&gt;addPoint(btVector3( 1, 1,0));shape-&gt;addPoint(btVector3(-1, 1,0));shape-&gt;addPoint(btVector3( 0, 0,1));</code></pre></div>I then construct rigid body, etc., the same way I do for every other static object in the scene. In the debug renderer, I can see the pyramid in the correct place (albeit not every edge is present; seems to be a known issue). However, pyramid objects do not seem to detect collisions at all! Other objects seem to be just fine.<br><br>Are convex hulls supported for static geometry? If not, why didn't this crash, and what should I use instead for such a simple primitive? If it is supported, why isn't this working and what should I be doing?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=8934">Geometrian</a> — Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:35 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
