<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13402" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2022-04-05T14:24:58+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13402</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[aled96]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-04-05T14:24:58+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-04-05T14:24:58+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43970#p43970</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43970#p43970"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: How to obtain a floating base robot ?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43970#p43970"><![CDATA[
Thank you for the answer.<br>I had few links with zero mass, I changed them and now it works !<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14239">aled96</a> — Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:24 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[zhsh]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-03-22T21:36:31+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-03-22T21:36:31+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43951#p43951</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43951#p43951"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: How to obtain a floating base robot ?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43951#p43951"><![CDATA[
How you created it should allow it to move in space, such as via createConstraint, setMotorControl, or just by dragging it around in GUI mode. If that's not available, it might be that your urdf object has 0 mass, making it a static rather than dynamic object. In that case even if the base is labelled movable, the robot won't be movable.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13049">zhsh</a> — Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:36 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[aled96]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-03-15T08:19:18+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-03-15T08:19:18+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43940#p43940</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43940#p43940"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[How to obtain a floating base robot ?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43940#p43940"><![CDATA[
Hi, I have an urdf model in which from the base link the other joints are attached with fixed or revolute joints.<br><br>I load this model inside the code with the following line:<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>self.robot = pybullet.loadURDF(path_to_urdf_file,  [0, 0, 0.7],  useFixedBase=0)</code></pre></div>Now, despite the fact the useFixedBase is 0, the robot base_link is fixed with respect to the world and ground. What should I do to be able to move it freely in the space (for example via walking) ?<br><br>Thanks !<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14239">aled96</a> — Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:19 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
