<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13390" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2022-03-15T02:54:48+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13390</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-03-15T02:54:48+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-03-15T02:54:48+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43936#p43936</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43936#p43936"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Hanging load using spherical joints and urdf]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43936#p43936"><![CDATA[
Did you unlock the joint motors, setting the force to zero for POSITION control:<br><br>See <a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/blob/master/examples/pybullet/examples/humanoidMotionCapture.py#L179" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet ... re.py#L179</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:54 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[NSziszi]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-02-28T20:55:11+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-02-28T20:55:11+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43909#p43909</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43909#p43909"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Hanging load using spherical joints and urdf]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43909#p43909"><![CDATA[
Hi!  <br><br>I want to build a model of 4 drones transporting a load using a rigid cable. The cables are attached to the center of mass of the four drones on one side and to the four corners of the box-shaped load on the other side. The joints need to be “spherical”.<br><br>As a test, I have created a single URDF file, combining a load (modeld as a box with the same mass and inertia as a Crazyflie drone), a cable (massless cylinder) and a SINGLE drone for simplicity (model of a Crazyflie drone, attached to one of the edge of the load).<br><br>If I load the model using pybullet.loadURDF(…) and do pybullet.applyExternalForce(0,6, forceObj=[0, 0, force], posObj=[0, 0, 0], flags=pybullet.WORLD_FRAME) (—&gt; index 6 lets us apply force to the center of mass of the drone), the model starts to go up and it starts to rotate.<br><br>This is not what I have expected. What I expected was the load swinging underneath the drone, while the drone is experiencing a force pulling it upwards. To me, for some reason the spherical joints seem rigid, not allowing this swinging motion. It is like the whole model is behaving like a single, rigid body.<br><br>I will attach the URDF file, hoping that it is possible to create such a model and that someone is able to spot my mistake.<br><br>Thank you in advance!<dl class="file"><dt><span class="imageset icon_topic_attach"></span> <a class="postlink" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=1926">load_transportation.zip</a></dt></dl><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14275">NSziszi</a> — Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:55 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
