<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13368" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2022-02-14T11:12:28+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13368</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[aled96]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-02-14T11:12:28+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-02-14T11:12:28+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43855#p43855</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43855#p43855"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: How to speed up PyBullet Simulation?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43855#p43855"><![CDATA[
Thank you for the answer. Sorry for the wrong section used.<br><br>I will try to use Bullet C++, I saw that it should be more optimized and so faster. Also the multiple threads will help a lot.<br><br>For what concerns the point 1, I do not know exactly how to proceed because if I change step or substeps the simulation becomes a mess generally..<br><br>I tried to increase the step and select a substep of 5 or 10 but the results were very different.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14239">aled96</a> — Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:12 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[drleviathan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-02-07T16:35:20+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-02-07T16:35:20+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43840#p43840</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43840#p43840"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: How to speed up PyBullet Simulation?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43840#p43840"><![CDATA[
This forum is mostly about the Bullet C++ libraries.  You might consider asking this question in the <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=24" class="postlink">pybullet section of these forums</a>.<br><br>That said... here are some easy ideas from someone who doesn't know much about the python API:<br><br><strong class="text-strong">(1)</strong> your time_step = 0.0001 seems kinda small.  Perhaps you can get by with a longer substep?<br><br><strong class="text-strong">(2)</strong> Run the multiple tries on multiple threads.<br><br><strong class="text-strong">(3)</strong> Throw more and better hardware at the problem.<br><br><strong class="text-strong">(4)</strong> Implement your logic in C++.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11033">drleviathan</a> — Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:35 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[aled96]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-02-03T11:39:24+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-02-03T11:39:24+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43828#p43828</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43828#p43828"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[How to speed up PyBullet Simulation?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43828#p43828"><![CDATA[
I am new to PyBullet and I am trying to develop a planner in which I have to simulate some actions, so I need to do this as fast as possible.<br><br>I am initializing like this:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>self.useRealTimeSimulation = 0self.time_step = 0.0001     if use_gui:     pybullet.connect(pybullet.GUI)else:     pybullet.connect(pybullet.DIRECT)                        pybullet.setGravity(0, 0, -9.81)pybullet.setTimeStep(self.time_step)pybullet.setRealTimeSimulation(self.useRealTimeSimulation)pybullet.setPhysicsEngineParameter(numSubSteps=0)</code></pre></div>Then I control an arm to reach a position and hit small box, using setJointMotorControl2.<br><br>Finally I have this:<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>for i in range(self.steps):      pybullet.stepSimulation()</code></pre></div>The overall test needs more or less 3 seconds to be execute, but since this has to be run several amount of times, how can I make it much faster?<br><br>Thank you !<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14239">aled96</a> — Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:39 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
