<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13339" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-12-24T09:38:24+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13339</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[paokakis]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-12-24T09:38:24+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-12-24T09:38:24+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43766#p43766</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43766#p43766"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet collision failing with fast moving bodies]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43766#p43766"><![CDATA[
I found it. You need to make the body do constant collision detection like this: <div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>body.setCcdMotionThreshold(0.015f);body.setCcdSweptSphereRadius(0.01f);</code></pre></div><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13868">paokakis</a> — Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:38 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[paokakis]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-12-23T20:55:57+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-12-23T20:55:57+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43765#p43765</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43765#p43765"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Bullet collision failing with fast moving bodies]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43765#p43765"><![CDATA[
Hello, I am creating a 3D space shooter game using OpenGL and Bullet physics. I have a problem with fast moving projectiles. I am simulating a laser particle using a capsule shape. The problem is that this body penetrates objects some times and even pass through them, possibly because it is moving too fast for the physics engine. What can I do about that? Here is how I create the world :<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>mpBroadphase = new btDbvtBroadphase();// Set up the collision configuration and dispatchermpCollisionConfiguration = new btDefaultCollisionConfiguration();mpDispatcher = new btCollisionDispatcher(mpCollisionConfiguration);// The actual physics solvermpSolver = new btSequentialImpulseConstraintSolver;// The world.mpDynamicsWorld = new btDiscreteDynamicsWorld(mpDispatcher, mpBroadphase, mpSolver, mpCollisionConfiguration);</code></pre></div><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13868">paokakis</a> — Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:55 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
