<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13332" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-12-02T22:48:15+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13332</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[acu192]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-12-02T22:48:15+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-12-02T22:48:15+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43746#p43746</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43746#p43746"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Raycast Vehicle - driving on dynamic bodies]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43746#p43746"><![CDATA[
I noticed <a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/blob/6a59241074720e9df119f2f86bc01765917feb1e/src/BulletDynamics/Vehicle/btRaycastVehicle.cpp#L190-L191" class="postlink">this comment</a> in btRaycastVehicle. I dug through the git history to see where that comment came from ... turns out it has been there since 2006 in the <strong class="text-strong">first commit</strong> of the btRaycastVehicle.<br><br>So, I'm hoping someone from the core team can provide some history or context ... why does btRaycastVehicle <strong class="text-strong">not work</strong> to drive on top of dynamic bodies?<br><br>The code currently uses a singleton object to be the "ground" for all wheel raycasts. Unexpected IMO.<br><br>Has anyone attempted to make this work? I'm asking to avoid learning something the hard way that maybe others already know...<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13895">acu192</a> — Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:48 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
