<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13306" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-10-27T20:02:55+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13306</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[desaic]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-10-27T20:02:55+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-10-27T20:02:55+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43667#p43667</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43667#p43667"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Multi-threading number of contacts grows overtime]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43667#p43667"><![CDATA[
I'm running a multi-threaded simulation with the code adapted from the example. The simulation is a fixed number of compound rigid bodies tumbling inside a closed box. <br><br>As the simulation goes on, I noticed the number of contacts and manifolds keeps growing over time. As a result, the simulation becomes slower and slower. For example, after 2000 frames, the simulation is 3 times slower. This is confusing because the number of rigid bodies is fixed.<br><br>However, If I disable the multi-threading, I noticed the number of contacts and manifolds keep roungly the same during the simulation, and the simulation speed is roughly the same.<br><br>My guess is that there are some codes that prune the contacts and manifolds in the single threaded code. The codes somehow are deactivated in my multi-threaded example. <br><br>Can someone point out where might the problem be in my multi-threaded example?<br><br>Thank you,<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14131">desaic</a> — Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:02 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
