<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13293" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-10-10T20:09:52+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13293</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[drleviathan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-10-10T20:09:52+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-10-10T20:09:52+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43647#p43647</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43647#p43647"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Required Libraries]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43647#p43647"><![CDATA[
Yeah, that is confusing.  I think what happened was this (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong):<br><br><strong class="text-strong">Bullet3</strong> started as an effort to leverage GPU computation to do physics however progress on that front stalled.  Meanwhile, <strong class="text-strong">Bullet2</strong> was still being used and improved.. and eventually the C-API and PyBullet stuff Bullet v2.X was elevated to version v3.x.  The old <strong class="text-strong">Bullet3</strong> experiment remains in the codebase but is stale.  You probably want to use <strong class="text-strong">BulletCollision</strong> library instead of <strong class="text-strong">Bullet3Collision</strong>.<br><br>Supporting evidence: If you compare the number of files in <strong class="text-strong">.../src/BulletCollision/</strong> with <strong class="text-strong">.../src/Bullet3Collision/</strong> you'll see more code in the former.  If you examine the git commit history for the last several years you'll see that only build/maintenance changes have been going into the <strong class="text-strong">Bullet3*</strong> files but more more significant updates have been happening in <strong class="text-strong">Bullet*</strong>.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11033">drleviathan</a> — Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:09 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kmanuele]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-10-10T17:20:20+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-10-10T17:20:20+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43645#p43645</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43645#p43645"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Required Libraries]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43645#p43645"><![CDATA[
I am/was confused by all the projects in 0_Bullet3Solution, some of which are libraries and others are apps. When I build the solution, all the libs and apps end up in the same \bin folder. Also, I prefer to organize my debug and release libs with same name but in different folders.<br><br>Related question: In the source repository, I see Bullet3Collision and BulletCollision. These are clearly different, but what is difference?<br><br>Sorry if I may be asking dumb questions.<br><br>Kevin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14065">kmanuele</a> — Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:20 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[drleviathan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-10-09T15:31:31+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-10-09T15:31:31+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43644#p43644</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43644#p43644"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Required Libraries]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43644#p43644"><![CDATA[
What do you really want to do?  That is, you want to sort and organize the libraries for what purpose?<br><br>The Bullet source repository comes with a few optional extras but even some of the core Bullet libraries are optional depending on what kind of application you're building.  For example libBulletSoftBody.a is only necessary if you're using the SoftBody features.  So... what are you doing and why would you want to prune the clutter?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11033">drleviathan</a> — Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:31 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kmanuele]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-10-08T23:54:47+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-10-08T23:54:47+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43643#p43643</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43643#p43643"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Required Libraries]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43643#p43643"><![CDATA[
The 0_Bullet3Solution contains a lot of files, many are libs - some labeled Bullet3.., others Bullet.... (and one with Bullet2...)<br><br>I would like to extract the current, and necessary, libs into their own directory and build them there.<br><br>Can someone list the current set of libs for Bullet3 applications??<br><br>thanks<br><br>Kevin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14065">kmanuele</a> — Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:54 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
