<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13269" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-09-04T08:50:01+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13269</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[aurieg92]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-09-04T08:50:01+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-09-04T08:50:01+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43585#p43585</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43585#p43585"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[simple two-box collision example?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43585#p43585"><![CDATA[
I've done the quickstart and perused some of the examples, but I'm a bit lost and was curious if there might be an existing example for this one.<br><br>I'd like to create a scene as such:<br> (1) The scene has two boxes with initial positions and velocities (and ideally also initial accelerations).  I think I can create simple URDFs for these?  At least for the visuals and collision properties. There can also be a ground plane, though I'm not sure if that's necessary; the ground can be frictionless.<br> (2) I'd like to then step the simulation forward an arbitrary number of seconds.<br> (3) At each step, I'd like to get the closest points between the objects and see if they collide at that step.  The getClosestPoints() API seems to work fine here for what I need.<br><br>Are there any examples similar to this scenario?  I'm hoping to use pybullet here to simulate if two objects / trajectories will collide (and/or minimum distance).  Finding that answer outright vs stepping the simulator could work, too, but I'm fine to step the simulator through a fixed number of steps / seconds.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14082">aurieg92</a> — Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:50 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
