<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13267" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-12-08T10:25:01+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13267</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[paulweustink]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-12-08T10:25:01+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-12-08T10:25:01+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43754#p43754</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43754#p43754"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Test_LinearMath]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43754#p43754"><![CDATA[
You probably need to steer this with the setting <strong class="text-strong">BT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION</strong><br>This is from btScalar.h in the LinearMath folder:<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>            //Do not turn SSE on for ARM (may want to turn on BT_USE_NEON however)#elif (defined (_WIN32) &amp;&amp; (_MSC_VER) &amp;&amp; _MSC_VER &gt;= 1400) &amp;&amp; (!defined (BT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION))#if _MSC_VER&gt;1400#define BT_USE_SIMD_VECTOR3#endif#define BT_USE_SSE#ifdef BT_USE_SSE#if (_MSC_FULL_VER &gt;= 170050727)//Visual Studio 2012 can compile SSE4/FMA3 (but SSE4/FMA3 is not enabled by default)#define BT_ALLOW_SSE4#endif //(_MSC_FULL_VER &gt;= 160040219)//BT_USE_SSE_IN_API is disabled under Windows by default, because //it makes it harder to integrate Bullet into your application under Windows //(structured embedding Bullet structs/classes need to be 16-byte aligned)//with relatively little performance gain//If you are not embedded Bullet data in your classes, or make sure that you align those classes on 16-byte boundaries//you can manually enable this line or set it in the build system for a bit of performance gain (a few percent, dependent on usage)//#define BT_USE_SSE_IN_API#endif //BT_USE_SSE#include &lt;emmintrin.h&gt;#endif</code></pre></div>So if I read this correctly the use of DOUBLES (8 byte floats) switches off the SIMD and SSE optimizations, that are meant for 4 byte floats?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14174">paulweustink</a> — Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:25 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kmanuele]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-09-01T18:14:20+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-09-01T18:14:20+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43583#p43583</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43583#p43583"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Test_LinearMath]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43583#p43583"><![CDATA[
I have successfully built Bullet3 in VS2019, the Test_* files seem to run ok in x64 Release mode<br>Except for Test_LinearMath, where I get a "no SIMD enabled ..." message.<br>If I set BT_USE_SSE_IN_API in the preprocessor directives, I get a long list of errors.<br><br>Any help on what is going on, how to get this test to run, use of SIMD in Bullet3, etc. ??<br><br>thanks <br><br>Kevin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14065">kmanuele</a> — Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:14 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
