<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13259" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-08-24T02:42:36+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13259</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[jinprelude]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-08-24T02:42:36+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-08-24T02:42:36+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43560#p43560</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43560#p43560"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: g++ can't find bullet in ubuntu + vckpg install]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43560#p43560"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>What do you really want to do?  If you just want to build Bullet C++ then I would recommend copying <strong class="text-strong">build_cmake_pybullet_double.sh</strong> to <strong class="text-strong">build_cmake.sh</strong> and then modifying that script to only build the parts you want.<br><br>If vcpkg is important to the process then... I dunno.  Maybe someone else here knows.</div></blockquote>Thanks for your reply! I tried building Bullet using cmake, but same error occured..<br>One think I newly figured out is that both cmake and vcpkg build successfully find "bullet/btBulletDynamicsCommon.h" when I add "bullet/" in front of "btBulletDynamicsCommon.h" but another error occured:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>&gt; g++ opengl_example.cpp In file included from /usr/local/include/bullet/btBulletCollisionCommon.h:22,                 from /usr/local/include/bullet/btBulletDynamicsCommon.h:20,                 from opengl_example.cpp:1:/usr/local/include/bullet/BulletCollision/CollisionDispatch/btCollisionWorld.h:77:10: fatal error: LinearMath/btVector3.h: No such file or directory   77 | #include "LinearMath/btVector3.h"      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~compilation terminated.</code></pre></div>+ bullet version : 3-3.17<br>Both vcpkg installation guide I tried and cmake installation guide you told me is the official guideline, I think this problem is not for anyone, but just for my computer setting, or I'm missing something. I couldn't find solution yet, so if i find the solution I'll leave it reply. Thanks again drleviathan!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14071">jinprelude</a> — Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:42 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[drleviathan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-08-23T15:03:47+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-08-23T15:03:47+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43559#p43559</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43559#p43559"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: g++ can't find bullet in ubuntu + vckpg install]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43559#p43559"><![CDATA[
What do you really want to do?  If you just want to build Bullet C++ then I would recommend copying <strong class="text-strong">build_cmake_pybullet_double.sh</strong> to <strong class="text-strong">build_cmake.sh</strong> and then modifying that script to only build the parts you want.<br><br>If vcpkg is important to the process then... I dunno.  Maybe someone else here knows.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11033">drleviathan</a> — Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:03 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[jinprelude]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-08-23T03:38:12+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-08-23T03:38:12+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43558#p43558</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43558#p43558"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[g++ can't find bullet in ubuntu + vckpg install]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43558#p43558"><![CDATA[
Hi! I'm the beginner who's trying to use bullet in c++ environment.<br><br>I set my environment in Ubuntu 20.04 and g++ 9.3.0, and successfully installed bullet using vcpkg by following official vcpkg instruction(<a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3#build-instructions-for-bullet-using-vcpkg" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet ... sing-vcpkg</a>)<br>And then when I tried to build helloworld example code(<a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/blob/master/examples/HelloWorld/HelloWorld.cpp" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet ... oWorld.cpp</a>) using g++ like below, it raised the error:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>&gt; g++ opengl_example.cppopengl_test.cpp:15:10: fatal error: btBulletDynamicsCommon.h: No such file or directory   15 | #include "btBulletDynamicsCommon.h"      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~compilation terminated.</code></pre></div>I also tried adding absolute path of the bullet by following command but it also failed:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>&gt; g++ opengl_example.cpp  -I/home/jinprelude/Downloads/vcpkg/installed/x64-linux/include/bullet/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccqWeDL6.o: in function `main':opengl_test.cpp:(.text+0x58): undefined reference to `btDefaultCollisionConfiguration::btDefaultCollisionConfiguration(btDefaultCollisionConstructionInfo const&amp;)</code></pre></div>Same erorr was also raised in Ubuntu 18.04, and the second trial which I mentioned was executed today right after the ubuntu 20.04 finished the installation.<br><br>Has anyone experienced a problem like this? Any kinds of replies are welcome!<br>And please let me know if there are any instances in this article that violate the rules of the forum. I'll fix it and upload it again.<br>Thanks for your time!<br><br>Best regards<br>jinprelude<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14071">jinprelude</a> — Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:38 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
