<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13242" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-11-26T17:23:46+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13242</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[drleviathan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-11-26T17:23:46+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-11-26T17:23:46+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43736#p43736</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43736#p43736"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Linux, make fails]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43736#p43736"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>For best results: use the cmake.</div></blockquote>I meant: don't use the <strong class="text-strong">premake</strong> build scripts: stick with <strong class="text-strong">cmake</strong>.<br><br>Hrm... I'm not seeing any <strong class="text-strong">Test_BulletCollision</strong> targets in the <strong class="text-strong">cmake</strong> configs.  When I hunt around I find in <strong class="text-strong">test/collision/CMakeLists.txt</strong> there is a <strong class="text-strong">Test_Collision</strong> target.  What version of Bullet do you think you're building?  Maybe try downloading the latest version or pull the tip of <strong class="text-strong">master</strong> branch from github.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11033">drleviathan</a> — Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:23 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[wil92]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-11-25T23:42:43+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-11-25T23:42:43+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43726#p43726</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43726#p43726"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Linux, make fails]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43726#p43726"><![CDATA[
<blockquote class="uncited"><div>The first line of your commands should have successfully built the project:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>./build_cmake_pybullet_double.sh</code></pre></div>It works for me on Ubuntu-20.04 with cmake-3.20..3, make-4.2.1.<br><br>I tried your premake recipe and it failed for the same error.  I do not believe the premake config is maintained.  My memory tells me that I tried building Bullet with premake about six years ago and was only able to succeed after making changes to the build script.  However, I never did submit those changes back to the codebase because they were part of a larger failed experiment.<br><br>For best results: use the cmake.</div></blockquote>Hi, I'm facing the same error, could you please tell me what you mean with: <blockquote class="uncited"><div>For best result: use the cmake</div></blockquote>. How can I use cmake to build library?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14160">wil92</a> — Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:42 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[drleviathan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-07-20T01:18:18+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-07-20T01:18:18+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43502#p43502</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43502#p43502"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Linux, make fails]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43502#p43502"><![CDATA[
The first line of your commands should have successfully built the project:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>./build_cmake_pybullet_double.sh</code></pre></div>It works for me on Ubuntu-20.04 with cmake-3.20..3, make-4.2.1.<br><br>I tried your premake recipe and it failed for the same error.  I do not believe the premake config is maintained.  My memory tells me that I tried building Bullet with premake about six years ago and was only able to succeed after making changes to the build script.  However, I never did submit those changes back to the codebase because they were part of a larger failed experiment.<br><br>For best results: use the cmake.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11033">drleviathan</a> — Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:18 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[mat]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-07-19T13:12:01+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-07-19T13:12:01+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43500#p43500</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43500#p43500"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Linux, make fails]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43500#p43500"><![CDATA[
Dear all,<br>I would like to build and run the Bullet engine on a Ubuntu 18.04 server.<br><br>As written in the Git repo: <a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3</a><br>I am executing the following commands:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>./build_cmake_pybullet_double.shcd build3./premake4_linux64 --double gmakecd gmakemake</code></pre></div>During "==== Building Test_BulletCollision (release64) ====" it throws the following error and abords the buil process:<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>==== Building Test_BulletCollision (release64) ====Linking Test_BulletCollisionobj/x64/Release/Test_BulletCollision/main.o: In function `(anonymous namespace)::TriangleCollector::~TriangleCollector()':main.cpp:(.text+0x38f): undefined reference to `btTriangleCallback::~btTriangleCallback()'obj/x64/Release/Test_BulletCollision/main.o: In function `(anonymous namespace)::BulletCollisionTest_Heightfield_ProcessAllTriangles_FiltersByUpAxis_Test::TestBody()':main.cpp:(.text+0xfdce): undefined reference to `btHeightfieldTerrainShape::btHeightfieldTerrainShape(int, int, void const*, double, double, double, int, PHY_ScalarType, bool)'main.cpp:(.text+0xfe82): undefined reference to `btHeightfieldTerrainShape::processAllTriangles(btTriangleCallback*, btVector3 const&amp;, btVector3 const&amp;) const'main.cpp:(.text+0xff6e): undefined reference to `btHeightfieldTerrainShape::processAllTriangles(btTriangleCallback*, btVector3 const&amp;, btVector3 const&amp;) const'main.cpp:(.text+0xffd3): undefined reference to `btTriangleCallback::~btTriangleCallback()'main.cpp:(.text+0xffea): undefined reference to `btHeightfieldTerrainShape::~btHeightfieldTerrainShape()'main.cpp:(.text+0x101b1): undefined reference to `btTriangleCallback::~btTriangleCallback()'main.cpp:(.text+0x101c8): undefined reference to `btHeightfieldTerrainShape::~btHeightfieldTerrainShape()'obj/x64/Release/Test_BulletCollision/main.o: In function `(anonymous namespace)::TriangleCollector::~TriangleCollector()':main.cpp:(.text+0x37b): undefined reference to `btTriangleCallback::~btTriangleCallback()'obj/x64/Release/Test_BulletCollision/main.o:(.data.rel.ro+0xd0): undefined reference to `typeinfo for btTriangleCallback'collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit statusTest_BulletCollision.make:101: recipe for target '../../bin/Test_BulletCollision_gmake_x64_release' failedmake[1]: *** [../../bin/Test_BulletCollision_gmake_x64_release] Error 1Makefile:224: recipe for target 'Test_BulletCollision' failedmake: *** [Test_BulletCollision] Error 2</code></pre></div>Any ideas what went wrong?<br><br>Best regards<br>mat<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14041">mat</a> — Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:12 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
