<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13241" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-07-19T11:03:58+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13241</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Brian Beuken]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-07-19T11:03:58+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-07-19T11:03:58+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43499#p43499</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43499#p43499"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: btGhostObject collides with RB's but not other btGhostObjects]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43499#p43499"><![CDATA[
I kinda worked it out..<br><br>If I made the btGhostObjects interact with each other then they'd have to react... which I don't want... so testing a non responsive sphere with a non responsive sphere does not give an actual result, which thinking about it makes sense.<br><br>So I can just make my proximity spheres a bit bigger to produce the proximity results I expect. So Ghost objects are working fine..<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12284">Brian Beuken</a> — Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:03 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Brian Beuken]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-07-18T18:14:47+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-07-18T18:14:47+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43498#p43498</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43498#p43498"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[btGhostObject collides with RB's but not other btGhostObjects]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43498#p43498"><![CDATA[
Hi all<br><br>I'm using a btGhostObject as well as an RB in a game object, the RB is the main physics control systems and collision, but the ghost object performs a proximity alert function; its added to the dynamic physics world as a simple collision object.Its a sphere around my object and moves with it.. it took a bit of doing to stop it colliding with its own associated RB, but I do now have a nice system where I have a variable size sphere surrounding my object (space ships) and reporting any overlapping RB from other ships to allow proximity alerts and reactions.<br><br>But.<br><br>While the Sphere-&gt;RB test is great, I really want to have a Sphere-&gt;Sphere test for a wider, less urgent prioximity alert, and I am finding that my ghost objects don't detect collisions of any kind with other ghost ojects, only RB's... can anyone tell me if there's a setting I missed when I set up my ghost objects as collision objects? You can see it in action here <a href="https://www.patreon.com/posts/hmm-good-but-hmm-53834023" class="postlink">https://www.patreon.com/posts/hmm-good-but-hmm-53834023</a> I can work with this just by having a larger proximity sphere, but the 2 levels of warning are useful and I'd like to have that sphere-&gt;sphere result if possible<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12284">Brian Beuken</a> — Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:14 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
