<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13223" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-06-24T10:52:33+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13223</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[raynor]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-06-24T10:52:33+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-06-24T10:52:33+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43458#p43458</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43458#p43458"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: On the problem of elastic collision of rigid bodies]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43458#p43458"><![CDATA[
Thank you very much for your answer. I will ask questions again in the Pybullet section. Your answer is very helpful to me.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14014">raynor</a> — Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:52 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[drleviathan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-06-23T13:48:17+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-06-23T13:48:17+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43456#p43456</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43456#p43456"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: On the problem of elastic collision of rigid bodies]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43456#p43456"><![CDATA[
<strong class="text-strong">(1)</strong> For pybullet questions you will get more replies if you post in the <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=24" class="postlink">PyBullet Support and Feedback</a> forum.  This general forum is more focused on Bullet's C++ code.<br><br><strong class="text-strong">(2)</strong> For more elastic collisions use <strong class="text-strong">changeDynamics</strong> to set the <strong class="text-strong">restitution</strong> of all bouncy bodies to 1.0.  You might also want to change the <strong class="text-strong">restitutionVelocityThreshold</strong> of the world simulation to a small number: it is the speed at which collisions experience zero restitution (bounce).<br><br><strong class="text-strong">(3)</strong> I don't think Bullet allows the true restitution to be set to 1.0.  It probably limits it to a lower value of 0.99 or something.  The reason would be: to try to prevent unbounded energy from being accidentally pumped into the simulation.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11033">drleviathan</a> — Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:48 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[raynor]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-06-23T08:22:03+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-06-23T08:22:03+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43455#p43455</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43455#p43455"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[On the problem of elastic collision of rigid bodies]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43455#p43455"><![CDATA[
I am a new user of Pybullet and I want to build an elastic collision system.However, the model I loaded is not elastic in the simulation environment (for example, the ball does not bounce when it falls on the table). I would like to know how to achieve my goal. Do I need to modify the underlying code?If there's a simple way to do it can you give me a simple example?I can't find a suitable example in the official provided routine.I may have some problems with my English. If you don't understand my question, please reply to me.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14014">raynor</a> — Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:22 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
