<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13211" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-05-21T10:23:59+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13211</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[TestTest123]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-05-21T10:23:59+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-05-21T10:23:59+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43433#p43433</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43433#p43433"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Margin and penetration depth getClosestPoints &amp; consistency w/ visual]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43433#p43433"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>assuming I have got two convex meshes close to or penetrating each other (e.g. after setting joint positions), I would like to ask how <em class="text-italics">getClosestPoints</em> handles<ul><li>the collision margin when penetrating, i.e. negative <em class="text-italics">contactDistance</em>s. In the case of <em class="text-italics">getDynamicsInfo</em> returning a collision margin of <em class="text-italics">0.001</em> do I simply have to add <em class="text-italics">0.002</em>m to the calculated distance every time? I can't investigate this with simple spheres since a margin of 1 is returned for them.</li></ul><ul><li>Could you please help me to understand why the margin is required from a technical point of view?</li></ul><ul><li>Is it right that I can't trust the visualization too much when looking at exact contacts/distances between the two meshes? At least for sphere primitives this is true.</li></ul>Thank you already in advance! Help is very appreciated.<br><br>Best regards!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13983">TestTest123</a> — Fri May 21, 2021 10:23 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
