<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13175" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-03-16T12:51:21+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13175</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Brian Beuken]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-03-16T12:51:21+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-03-16T12:51:21+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43352#p43352</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43352#p43352"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Space flight handling]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43352#p43352"><![CDATA[
Applying a relative amount of angular velocity to my RB's Z axis seems to give the effect I need, though I need to add a little manual damping to let it settle back to flat when the motion is all forward.<br><br>I'll play a bit with that idea<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12284">Brian Beuken</a> — Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:51 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Brian Beuken]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-03-16T09:06:28+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-03-16T09:06:28+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43351#p43351</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43351#p43351"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Space flight handling]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43351#p43351"><![CDATA[
Hey all, I did do a search for flight characteristics but didn't find anything so apologies if this is covered somewhere already under a different naming<br><br>I'm just starting to impliment motion in a 3D space combat game and having no problem applying impulse to move ships along forward directions and allow momentum to carry them forward, but there's a few things I'd like to do and I'm not quite sure how to do it. <br><ul><li>Is there a simple way to impliment banking when direction is changed, I know that physics wise, in space it makes no sense but it looks cool and its kinda what people expect to see?  I can rotate the ships ok and push them along new forward directions, but since I take orientaion of my models from the RB, it doesn't actually seem to alter so I get flat turns.<br><br>Also I'd like to have a little bit of wobble in the smaller fighter ships as they fly to simulate some ..."space turbulance" (I know it isnt' real) or pilot twitchyness, I thought about just using tiny torque motions but it tends to generate spins..</li></ul>Would really appreciate some advicel<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=12284">Brian Beuken</a> — Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:06 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
