<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13156" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2021-02-01T19:04:43+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13156</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[imperialn00b]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-02-01T19:04:43+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-02-01T19:04:43+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43289#p43289</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43289#p43289"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Change connection mode from DIRECT to GUI (launch GUI after connecting via DIRECT)]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43289#p43289"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>I run my PyBullet client in DIRECT mode for faster simulations, but I want to launch the existing physics client in a GUI when a particular event is triggered. Is there a way to do this? I have tried using the SHARED_MEMORY connection mode after having launched a client in DIRECT mode but I get a "<em class="text-italics">Not connected to physics server</em>" error.<br><br>To make things concrete, I want to do something like this:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>import pybullet as pfrom pybullet_utils import bullet_client as bcimport randomsim = bc.BulletClient(connection_mode=p.DIRECT)if (random.random() &gt; 0.5):# launch the `sim' client in a GUI here</code></pre></div>Thanks!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13899">imperialn00b</a> — Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:04 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
