<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13128" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2022-05-02T20:06:59+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13128</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[bluefish_]]></name></author>
		<updated>2022-05-02T20:06:59+00:00</updated>

		<published>2022-05-02T20:06:59+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44002#p44002</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44002#p44002"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: closed loop with obj files]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=44002#p44002"><![CDATA[
This is very late, but I think changing the mass to be 0 of any link is equal to making it fixed? specifically for fixing a base or setting something as a base I think you need to make it the base link so that the urdf importer knows.<br>Btw thank you! Your answer is very helpful to me! I'm also trying to simulate something potentially with a closed loop and was wondering how that could be done in either createMultiBody() or urdf.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14226">bluefish_</a> — Mon May 02, 2022 8:06 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[chrischii]]></name></author>
		<updated>2021-02-20T09:08:39+00:00</updated>

		<published>2021-02-20T09:08:39+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43321#p43321</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43321#p43321"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: closed loop with obj files]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43321#p43321"><![CDATA[
Problem partially solved.<br>closed loop is not possible for urdf, but creating a constraint after importing the urdf works.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13861">chrischii</a> — Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:08 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[chrischii]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-12-25T18:26:15+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-12-25T18:26:15+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43224#p43224</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43224#p43224"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[closed loop with obj files]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43224#p43224"><![CDATA[
Hi all,<br>first of all Merry Xmas!<br><br>I am new to pybullet and want to perform a collision detection self contact and contact with several closed loop systems installed next to each other.The geometry is created in Creo and exported as obj files.<br><br>I read now tons of sites and have several questions: <br><br><br>1. I came to the conclusion, that the urdf file import in not possible for closed loop systems. Is that correct? <br>2. Because of 1, I have generated a .py file where I define a CollisionShape for each component like shown below <div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>                 p0 = p.createCollisionShape(p.GEOM_MESH,   halfExtents=[0, 0, 0],   fileName="obj/part0.obj",   collisionFramePosition=shift0,   meshScale=meshScale)</code></pre></div>   I assembled the individual shapes to <div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>    mla = p.createMultiBody(body_Mass,p0,visualShapeId,basePosition,baseOrientation,                        linkMasses=link_Masses,                        linkCollisionShapeIndices=linkCollisionShapeIndices,                        linkVisualShapeIndices=linkVisualShapeIndices,                        linkPositions=linkPositions,                        linkOrientations=linkOrientations,                        linkInertialFramePositions=linkInertialFramePositions,                        linkInertialFrameOrientations=linkInertialFrameOrientations,                        linkParentIndices=indices,                        linkJointTypes=jointTypes,                        linkJointAxis=axis)</code></pre></div>   Is there a way to define and pin a base part, similar to the import option "useFixedBase" for urdf import? If not, how can I specify which part should be the base and how can I fix it?<br><br>3. If I use pybullet headles, how can I detect collisions / get an output somewhere, e.g. textfile<br><br>Thanks in advance for your help<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13861">chrischii</a> — Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:26 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
