<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13119" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-12-07T14:50:50+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13119</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Dyu]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-12-07T14:50:50+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-12-07T14:50:50+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43210#p43210</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43210#p43210"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Attaching an end effector to a robot]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43210#p43210"><![CDATA[
Hi, <br>I have two URDF files corresponding to a robot and a gripper/end-effector. <br>My goal is to attach the end-effector to the robot in a pybullet simulation and have Inverse Kinematics work by returning joint angles for <em class="text-italics">all</em> the joints in both bodies, by supplying the end-effector frame.<br><br>The program I'm building is such that merging or combining the two URDF's is a last option. I would rather connect both bodies by using p.createConstraint() during run time.<br><br>I've successfully managed to join the end-effector to the robot by using p.createConstraint() so that they move together. But when I supply the end-effector frame to Inverse Kinematics, p.calculateInverseKinematics() returns joint angles only for the end-effector. In other words, the Inverse Kinematics function is treating the setup as two separate bodies.<br><br>Is there any way to get Inverse Kinematics to work on both bodies by creating a constraint?<br><br>If this is not the best way to do it, or it won't work, what method would you suggest?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13785">Dyu</a> — Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:50 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
