<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13082" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-10-14T03:05:15+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13082</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-10-14T03:05:15+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-10-14T03:05:15+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43129#p43129</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43129#p43129"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Question Regarding stepSimulation()]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43129#p43129"><![CDATA[
The position is achieved taken all constraints into account, including the maximum force and joint limits, contact, friction etc.<br><br>There is a maxVelocity argument to clamp the maximum velocity. Alternatively, keep the max force low.<br>You can also use classical PD control.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:05 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Dyu]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-10-11T13:39:57+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-10-11T13:39:57+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43122#p43122</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43122#p43122"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Question Regarding stepSimulation()]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43122#p43122"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br>I'm trying to understand 2 things:<br>1) I have the franka_panda urdf file loaded. When I run<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>p.setJointMotorControl2(objUid, jointIndex, controlMode=p.POSITION_CONTROL, targetPosition=2)p.stepSimulation()</code></pre></div>The robot doesn't complete the entire motion even though the target position is within the joint limits: which is understandable, because "stepSimulation" runs only for 1/240 seconds. But how is this final position calculated? Does the physics client take the maximum joint velocity into account and calculate the position accordingly? Like so:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>final_pos = max_joint_velocity * (1/240)</code></pre></div>2) While using realTimeSimulation, the actions seem to be completed instantaneously. Would I be correct in saying that the maximum joint velocity is not taken into account in this case? If this is true how can I regulate the joint to stay withing its maximum joint velocity limit?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13785">Dyu</a> — Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:39 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
