<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13072" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-10-13T21:15:07+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13072</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[jwhitman]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-10-13T21:15:07+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-10-13T21:15:07+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43127#p43127</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43127#p43127"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Simple 2-body URDF fails to load in pyBullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43127#p43127"><![CDATA[
I am able to load the urdf, but since there are no visual elements to the links, nothing appears in the gui.<br>Your script works for me but since there is no main loop, it initializes the gui, loads the robot, then exits. When I add a while loop, it leaves the GUI open, and looks ok<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13771">jwhitman</a> — Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:15 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[joehays]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-09-22T16:52:50+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-09-22T16:52:50+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43105#p43105</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43105#p43105"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Simple 2-body URDF fails to load in pyBullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43105#p43105"><![CDATA[
I'm new to pyBullet. I have a simple 2 body URDF that passes the "check_urdf" test. It also has the expected "urdf_to_graphiz" output. However, when I run a simple python script to load it pyBullet fails to load the URDF.<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>(pyBullet) :$ lsb_release -aNo LSB modules are available.Distributor ID: UbuntuDescription:    Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTSRelease:        20.04Codename:       focal(pyBullet) :$ uname -aLinux SEDACS29L 4.4.0-18362-Microsoft #476-Microsoft Fri Nov 01 16:53:00 PST 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux</code></pre></div>I'm running pyBullet 3.0.1. <br><br>My simple script is,<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>import pybullet as pimport pybullet_data as pdp.connect(p.GUI)p.setAdditionalSearchPath(pd.getDataPath())plane = p.loadURDF("plane.urdf")urdf = p.loadURDF("test.urdf",[0,0,1.0],  useFixedBase=False</code></pre></div>The output of running this script is,<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>(pyBullet) :$ python test_load_urdf.py pybullet build time: Sep 14 2020 02:24:09startThreads creating 1 threads.starting thread 0started thread 0 argc=2argv[0] = --unusedargv[1] = --start_demo_name=Physics ServerExampleBrowserThreadFunc startedX11 functions dynamically loaded using dlopen/dlsym OK!X11 functions dynamically loaded using dlopen/dlsym OK!Creating contextCreated GL 3.3 contextDirect GLX rendering context obtainedMaking context currentGL_VENDOR=VMware, Inc.GL_RENDERER=llvmpipe (LLVM 10.0.0, 256 bits)GL_VERSION=3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 20.0.8GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION=3.30pthread_getconcurrency()=0Version = 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 20.0.8Vendor = VMware, Inc.Renderer = llvmpipe (LLVM 10.0.0, 256 bits)b3Printf: Selected demo: Physics ServerstartThreads creating 1 threads.starting thread 0started thread 0 MotionThreadFunc thread startedven = VMware, Inc.ven = VMware, Inc.numActiveThreads = 0stopping threadsThread with taskId 0 exitingThread TERMINATEDdestroy semaphoresemaphore destroyeddestroy main semaphoremain semaphore destroyedfinishednumActiveThreads = 0btShutDownExampleBrowser stopping threadsThread with taskId 0 exitingThread TERMINATEDdestroy semaphoresemaphore destroyeddestroy main semaphoremain semaphore destroyed</code></pre></div>I'm completely stumped. The URDF is very simple.<br><div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>&lt;?xml version="1.0" ?&gt;&lt;robot name="simpleManip"&gt;  &lt;link name="base"&gt;   &lt;inertial&gt;      &lt;mass value="17.9"/&gt;      &lt;inertia ixx="0.01" ixy="0" ixz="0" iyy="0.01" iyz="0" izz="0.01"/&gt;    &lt;/inertial&gt;  &lt;/link&gt;  &lt;link name="link0"&gt;    &lt;inertial&gt;      &lt;mass value="1.975"/&gt;      &lt;inertia ixx="0.01" ixy="0" ixz="0" iyy="0.01" iyz="0" izz="0.01"/&gt;    &lt;/inertial&gt;  &lt;/link&gt;  &lt;joint name="jnt0" type="revolute"&gt;    &lt;parent link="base"/&gt;    &lt;child link="link0"/&gt;    &lt;axis xyz="1 0 0"/&gt;    &lt;origin xyz="0.308 0.0955 0"/&gt;    &lt;limit effort="375" lower="-0.53" upper="0.53" velocity="8.6"/&gt;    &lt;dynamics damping="0.0" friction="0.0"/&gt;  &lt;/joint&gt;&lt;/robot&gt;</code></pre></div>What am I missing here?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13767">joehays</a> — Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:52 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
