<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13069" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-09-17T11:18:51+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13069</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[ftavella]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-09-17T11:18:51+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-09-17T11:18:51+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43102#p43102</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43102#p43102"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Limiting DeepMimic to upper body]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43102#p43102"><![CDATA[
Hello,<br><br>I am working on a RL task similar to DeepMimic, but limited to the upper part of the body.<br>I changed the URDF obtaining something like this:<br><a href="https://imgur.com/cIgGFiM" class="postlink">https://imgur.com/cIgGFiM</a><br><br>I also adapted the code so that it consider fewer joints and there is no gravity, as I don't want my character falling to the ground and resetting the simulation.<br>However, when I train my character I obtain weird results, like the torso floating around. I tried to set the <em class="text-italics">useFixedBase</em> flag in <em class="text-italics">humanoid_stable_pd.py</em> and it solves the floating issue, but then the torso starts randomly rotate around the base.<br><br>Do you have any suggestions about what I might need to change? Should I change the base to something like a cylinder and place it on the ground?<br><br>Many thanks in advance<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13766">ftavella</a> — Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:18 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
