<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13043" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-08-03T17:12:07+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13043</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Passai]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-08-03T17:12:07+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-08-03T17:12:07+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43057#p43057</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43057#p43057"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Creating a Constraint after a Collision - orientations unclear]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43057#p43057"><![CDATA[
Suppose I have two robots A &amp; B, consisting of the links (a1,a2,..) &amp; (b1,b2,..). When A touches B's link "bi" with its link "aj", I would like to create a point2point-constraint, when they separate, to keep them glued together.<br>Unfortunately, I cannot really follow the instruction of the quickstart guide as they are either vague or I am missing something.<br>How can I get the following values? Which orientations do I have to querry with getLinkState and what transforms do I have to use?<br><br>a) jointAxis: Does it matter for a point2point-constraint?<br>b) parentFramePosition<br>c) childFramePosition<br>d) parentFrameOrientation<br>e) childFrameOrientation<br><br>Additional Information:<br>The robots are usually initialised with an orientation different from RPY=(0,0,0). The sticky links of A are spherical, the links of B that A shall be able to stick to come in all primitive shapes.<br><br>Any help, suggestions and ansatz are greatly appreciated. Thank you.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13736">Passai</a> — Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:12 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
