<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13031" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-07-09T19:51:38+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13031</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[asif_bahrainwala]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-07-09T19:51:38+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-07-09T19:51:38+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43031#p43031</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43031#p43031"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet3 using MT]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43031#p43031"><![CDATA[
cat build_cmake_pybullet_double.sh <br>cmake <strong class="text-strong">-DBT_THREADSAFE=1</strong> -DBUILD_PYBULLET=ON -DBUILD_PYBULLET_NUMPY=ON -DUSE_DOUBLE_PRECISION=ON -DBT_USE_EGL=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug .. || exit 1<br><br>I added BT_THREADSAFE=1 , with this, btCreateDefaultTaskScheduler() gives me a non-null object<br><br>adding this to cmake -DBULLET2_MULTITHREADING=ON -DBULLET2_USE_OPEN_MP_MULTITHREADING=ON does the trick<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13495">asif_bahrainwala</a> — Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:51 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[asif_bahrainwala]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-07-09T14:14:54+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-07-09T14:14:54+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43030#p43030</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43030#p43030"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Bullet3 using MT]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43030#p43030"><![CDATA[
using VS017, I select all projects and add BT_THREADSAFE as a preprocessor to all of them. <br>The simulation runs fine on window, I need something similar on Linux<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13495">asif_bahrainwala</a> — Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:14 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[asif_bahrainwala]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-07-09T06:35:17+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-07-09T06:35:17+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43029#p43029</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43029#p43029"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Bullet3 using MT]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43029#p43029"><![CDATA[
I am trying to use the default threaded scheduler, <br><br>    cout&lt;&lt;"btCreateDefaultTaskScheduler:"&lt;&lt;btCreateDefaultTaskScheduler()&lt;&lt;endl;<br>    cout&lt;&lt;"btGetOpenMPTaskScheduler:"&lt;&lt;btGetOpenMPTaskScheduler()&lt;&lt;endl;<br><br>both cases return NULL.<br>Is there some flag to be set to while building bullet3 to get this work.<br><br>My simulation running the default sequential solver works fine, using btDiscreteDynamicsWorldMt crashes randomly:<br><br>pCollisionConfiguration = make_shared&lt;btDefaultCollisionConfiguration&gt;();<br>pBroadphase = make_shared&lt;btDbvtBroadphase&gt;();<br><br><br>btSetTaskScheduler(btCreateDefaultTaskScheduler());<br><br>psolver = make_shared&lt;btSequentialImpulseConstraintSolverMt&gt;();<br>pDispatcher =make_shared&lt;btCollisionDispatcherMt&gt;(b.pCollisionConfiguration.get());<br><br>pSolverPool = make_shared&lt;btConstraintSolverPoolMt&gt;(BT_MAX_THREAD_COUNT);<br>pWorld = make_shared&lt;btDiscreteDynamicsWorldMt&gt;(pDispatcher.get(), pBroadphase.get(), pSolverPool.get(), psolver.get(), b.pCollisionConfiguration.get());<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13495">asif_bahrainwala</a> — Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:35 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
