<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13010" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-06-24T16:00:55+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/13010</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[markrans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-06-24T16:00:55+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-06-24T16:00:55+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42959#p42959</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42959#p42959"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Parallel Broadphase crashes computer]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42959#p42959"><![CDATA[
Hi, I am aware the OpenCL accelerations are no longer supported, but will mention this on the offchance someone has already resolved similar issues in the past as it may be a simple fix.<br>Using the OpenCL demos as a starting point I've tried to simulate a vertical stack of boxes in a standalone application (not built on ExampleBrowser), with no rendering module (pure command line) and the entire rigidbody pipleline executed on the GPU. Works fine up to 20k bodies but when I go above ~25k my machine locks up and requires a hard reset. I'm running a reasonably high-spec desktop with GTX1080, so that's not the issue. With ExampleBrowser I can get the stack to &gt;100k bodies. <br>The freeze seems to occur when I run b3GpuRigidBodyPipeline::setupGpuAabbsFull(). Pretty sure I've set maxBroadphasePairs suitably large. If I skip all collision detection and simply integrate(deltaTime) it works as expected. <br>It's possible I've missed some compile flags, #defines, memory settings etc that allow ExampleBrowser to extend to many more bodies without crashing. Does anyone have any ideas?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13682">markrans</a> — Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:00 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
