<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12989" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-06-16T17:48:04+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12989</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-06-16T17:48:04+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-06-16T17:48:04+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42913#p42913</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42913#p42913"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Issue with loading a URDF file]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42913#p42913"><![CDATA[
I would recommend looking at all the various URDF files that come with PyBullet and compare with yours.<br><br><a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/tree/master/data" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet ... aster/data</a><br><br><a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/tree/master/examples/pybullet/gym/pybullet_data" class="postlink">https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet ... ullet_data</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:48 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[notbeyer]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-06-15T21:03:27+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-06-15T21:03:27+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42911#p42911</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42911#p42911"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Issue with loading a URDF file]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42911#p42911"><![CDATA[
I'm having some issues getting my URDF file to load in properly; when I load any file that isn't prepackaged with PyBullet it seems to have no collision and just falls though the floor.  So far I've tested this with a handful of files from my professor and some files I generated in MatLab (including the example they use in their <a href="https://www.mathworks.com/help/physmod/sm/ug/urdf-model-import.html" class="postlink">URDF example</a>) and all of them have the same behavior.<br>Additionally, I've tried reading the distance between the model and floor, i.e.<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code> conPts = p.getContactPoints(bodyA = walker,                                bodyB = planeID)closePts = p.getClosestPoints(bodyA = walker,                                bodyB = planeID,                                distance = .1)                                 </code></pre></div>But neither function seems to return anything, despite being run in the part of the code where I do simulation steps.  I've also tried adding flags to the URDF file when I load it in, like:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>  walker = p.loadURDF("...",                    basePosition = cubeStartPos,                     baseOrientation = cubeStartOrientation,                    flags = p.URDF_USE_SELF_COLLISION_INCLUDE_PARENT|p.URDF_USE_SELF_COLLISION|p.URDF_MAINTAIN_LINK_ORDER)</code></pre></div>Which still doesn't fix the issue.<br>One other thing I've noticed is that if I create objects within PyBullet (like with createMultiBody) then collision will work properly. Have any of y'all had this issue and if so, what am I missing here?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13668">notbeyer</a> — Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:03 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
