<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12964" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-05-19T18:17:10+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12964</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[r9dyt]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-05-19T18:17:10+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-05-19T18:17:10+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42854#p42854</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42854#p42854"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Questions about stable PD control python script from Pybullet]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42854#p42854"><![CDATA[
Correct me if I am wrong, in the latest version of Pybullet stable PD control is both implemented in the original C++ library and python script. By looking at the python code, I think it’s based on this paper (<a href="https://www.cc.gatech.edu/~turk/my_papers/stable_pd.pdf" class="postlink">https://www.cc.gatech.edu/~turk/my_papers/stable_pd.pdf</a>). This paper says as long as kd &gt;= kp*h, stability is guaranteed. However, my observation with pybullet is that if I have a really large kp, I will still have oscillation problem even if the condition mentioned in the paper was met. Can anyone help me explain why stable PD control doesn’t work as what was described in the paper? At the moment, what I can think of is that maybe oscillation doesn’t count as instability?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13632">r9dyt</a> — Tue May 19, 2020 6:17 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
