<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12962" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-05-19T09:45:40+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12962</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[ajw]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-05-19T09:45:40+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-05-19T09:45:40+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42850#p42850</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42850#p42850"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Limits for spherical joints in btMultiBody]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42850#p42850"><![CDATA[
Hi everyone, I am looking into using Bullet for defining an articulated humanoid character, with support for ragdoll-like behaviour, and also getting the character to perform pre-defined animations (not necessarily at the same time). I have developed separate demos with both the <em class="text-italics">btRigidBody </em>+ independent constraints system, and with the <em class="text-italics">btMultiBody</em> system, and I'm starting to look into joint motors for the animation, and joint limits for the ragdoll behaviour.<br><br>Just recently I stumbled on <a href="https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/issues/463" class="postlink">this GitHub issue</a> where it is mentioned that limits have not been implemented for spherical joints in <em class="text-italics">btMultiBody</em>. That post is pretty recent, and when I scanned the code I saw some ominous-looking switch statements with no <em class="text-italics">eSpherical</em> case, so I'm guessing the situation is still the same.<br><br>It looks like spherical is the only option for joints needing &gt;1 DoF, so I'm wondering whether limits for spherical joints are likely to be implemented anytime soon, or whether anyone has any suggestions for workarounds? Or would it be best to stick with <em class="text-italics">btRigidBody</em> for now?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13594">ajw</a> — Tue May 19, 2020 9:45 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
