<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12948" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-10-09T08:21:36+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12948</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[FredP]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-10-09T08:21:36+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-10-09T08:21:36+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43116#p43116</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43116#p43116"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Collision margins of imported meshes]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=43116#p43116"><![CDATA[
I had the same problem and it was because I was using concave shapes. You can use V-HACD (search it in the <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/10sXEhzFRSnvFcl3XxNGhnD4N2SedqwdAvK3dsihxVUA/edit#heading=h.eqlo4t4ozi7" class="postlink">quickstart guide</a> or use the test_vhacd executable if you have compiled Bullet).<br><br>See <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&amp;t=11962" class="postlink">viewtopic.php?f=24&amp;t=11962</a><p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13775">FredP</a> — Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:21 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[bbalazsa]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-04-28T17:43:21+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-04-28T17:43:21+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42819#p42819</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42819#p42819"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Collision margins of imported meshes]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42819#p42819"><![CDATA[
I am trying to use custom STL files as collision meshes in URDF models. I import the models with the function loadURDF(), and I notice that while their visuals look good, but their collision geometry seems to be larger in volume than it should be.<br><br>After digging around, I have found that this might be because imported meshes have collision margins added to them. However, I did not find any information on whether this functionality is even exposed through the Python API or not.<br><br>Can the default collision margins result in such behaviour? Is this functionality exposed<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13612">bbalazsa</a> — Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:43 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
