<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12909" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-03-29T12:02:18+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12909</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[xueswan]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-03-29T12:02:18+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-03-29T12:02:18+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42741#p42741</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42741#p42741"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Efficient way to check a 7-joint robot collides with itself and other objects]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42741#p42741"><![CDATA[
Hi, all,<br>          I am currently manipulating a 7-joint robot arm using the default model "pybullet_data\kuka_iiwa\model_free_base.urdf" provided in pybullet. I wonder how I can achieve self collision detection or collision with other objects simultaneously. I only need to get a boolean return if any of these collisions happen and I prefer an efficient check. I know that at iterative loop to check the collision of each joint against the other non-neighbouring joints is possible, however, inefficient. (1)Is there a more efficient way to do that (2) Is it possible to getAABB for the whole robot arm instead of the base or a specific joint, so that the robot's collision with other objects can be detected?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13580">xueswan</a> — Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:02 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
