<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12904" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-03-23T14:43:57+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12904</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[avandekleut]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-03-23T14:43:57+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-03-23T14:43:57+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42729#p42729</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42729#p42729"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[PyBullet loading URDF with Visual tag too small]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42729#p42729"><![CDATA[
Hello,<br><br>I have a very simple URDF file containing a cylinder. When I load the cylinder, the radius appears to be too small. Here is the URDF file:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>&lt;?xml version="1.0"?&gt;&lt;robot name="testing"&gt;  &lt;link name="parent"&gt;    &lt;inertial&gt;&lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="0 0 0"/&gt;&lt;mass value="0"/&gt;&lt;inertia ixx="0.0" ixy="0" ixz="0" iyy="0.0" iyz="0" izz="0.0"/&gt;&lt;/inertial&gt;    &lt;collision&gt;&lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="0 0 0"/&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;&lt;capsule radius="1" length="3"/&gt;&lt;/geometry&gt;    &lt;/collision&gt;    &lt;visual&gt;&lt;origin xyz="0 0 0" rpy="0 0 0"/&gt;      &lt;geometry&gt;&lt;capsule radius="1" length="3"/&gt;&lt;/geometry&gt;      &lt;material name="color"&gt;&lt;color rgba="1 0 0 0.5"/&gt;&lt;/material&gt;    &lt;/visual&gt;  &lt;/link&gt;&lt;/robot&gt;</code></pre></div>and here is the code to load it<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>import pybullet as pimport pybullet_dataphysicsClient = p.connect(p.GUI)p.setPhysicsEngineParameter(enableFileCaching=0)p.setAdditionalSearchPath(pybullet_data.getDataPath())planeId = p.loadURDF("plane.urdf")robot = p.loadURDF("test.urdf")</code></pre></div>When I load this URDF, the radius is too small. The plane.urdf file has a regular square tiling of 1 metre by 1 metre. The cylinder edge does not touch any of the corners of the squares, even though it has a radius of 1.<br><br>Furthermore, when I remove the visual tag and just load the collision tag, the radius renders correctly.<br><br>What's going on?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13573">avandekleut</a> — Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:43 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
