<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12860" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2020-02-21T21:05:05+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/12860</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[bullet_team]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-02-21T21:05:05+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-02-21T21:05:05+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42636#p42636</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42636#p42636"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: How to set joint origin when using pb.createMultiBody()]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42636#p42636"><![CDATA[
You can use linkPositions and linkOrientations for this. The naming is confusing, it is the joint origin/orientation with respect to the parent.<br>(usually the 'link frame' adds the rotation of its own joint, if any)<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10522">bullet_team</a> — Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:05 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[mcarr]]></name></author>
		<updated>2020-02-02T21:40:32+00:00</updated>

		<published>2020-02-02T21:40:32+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42607#p42607</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42607#p42607"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[How to set joint origin when using pb.createMultiBody()]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42607#p42607"><![CDATA[
Hey, thanks for this library.<br><br>I'm trying to use the pb.createMultiBody() function to create a basic robot system. As an example I'm trying to recreate the cartpole example from the cartpole.urdf file in some of the examples. I can get the prismatic joint working fine, but I can't get the pole to rotate around the block. Instead it rotates around its centre of mass, a bit like a propeller.<br><br>I've been looking through the docs for the Quickstart guide and the pb.createMultiBody() function but I can't see how you pass in the joint origin. In the urdf its the variable in bold:<br><br>  &lt;joint name="cart_to_pole" type="continuous"&gt;<br>    &lt;axis xyz="0 1 0"/&gt;<br>    <strong class="text-strong">&lt;origin xyz="0.0 0.0 0"/&gt;</strong><br>    &lt;parent link="cart"/&gt;<br>    &lt;child link="pole"/&gt;<br>  &lt;/joint&gt;<br><br>Any advice?<br><br>Regards, Matt<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=13528">mcarr</a> — Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:40 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
